• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is an "Executive" course and other questions.

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Good evening everyone. I've heard the term used before but haven't been able to find clarification so I figured that I'd ask here.

What's an "executive" course? And if this is one type of course, what would the other course "titles" be?

Thanks in advance!

Never heard it used in the disc golf world. In ball golf, it is a short course designed for executives to play with just a couple of hours off. Usually all par 3s.

Since no one takes clients to the disc golf course to wine and dine them, I doubt the term applies to our world.

I've never heard the term applied to disc golf, only ball golf. Here's a definition of an executive golf course:

Definition: The Mini-Me of golf courses. An executive course is comprised of many par-3s plus a small number of par-4s and par-5s so that it is much shorter and has a much lower par (often in the upper 50s to low 60s) than a regular course. An executive course is designed to be played quickly by the player who does not have a lot of time (a business executive sneaking out for some quick golf, for instance). An executive course and a par-3 course are two distinct things, but the terms are sometimes - incorrectly - used interchangeably.

Also Known As: Executive nine (for a 9-hole version)

So it might be comparable to a pitch n putt course, where you can play a quick easy round.

Yeah, it's just a ball course term referring to a short course, usually all holes are par 3's. They can be 9 or 18 hole courses. We have a couple of executive ball courses near me that double as disc golf courses, basically you throw down the fairway and the basket is near but not on the green. These courses tend to be longer and more open than most disc courses.

When I was still playing Ball golf we had one near me. It was 9 holes with 8 par 3's and 1 par 4 all fairly short. Probably a pitch and putt course would be the closest Dg analogy.

The best of both worlds: Emerald Isle course in Ocenaside, CA. Executive ball golf course, killer long tough disc golf couse on the same site!!!

The best of both worlds: Emerald Isle course in Ocenaside, CA. Executive ball golf course, killer long tough disc golf couse on the same site!!!

Excellent example and is such a great dg course to play. It is mostly open, but the water hazards and sand traps make for some great challenges. Also it can be very long from the pro tees.

So it's an easy course for rich a-holes. Got it. ;)

yeah basically tho most "exec" courses i have seen are fairly trashy filled with sucky newbie golfers where i would never expect to find an executive golf enthusiast.

some of the holes are par 3's or 4's but some of the par 4's are insanely easy. They always seem to be dogleg par 4's but are only the length of a par 3.

i think the term is being used so loosely nowadays because it sounds like the course is nice.

Kind of like Gentlemen's club?

I know the guys I used to work with that golfed (definitely not executives) always played an executive course because they could get out of work early, go play, come home at a normal time and not have their wives think anything of it.

I know of at least one company that has a 6 disc golf hole course at its executive offices in Boise ID. It is Hewlett Packard. That could be considered an executive course. Here is the link... http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1369 Man, I want to work there.

I've also heard the HP in Colorado Springs has a 12 hole course?! I know where I'm gonna apply when I move out to the Springs!