• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best disc golf shot ever thrown?

At the 2008 USDGC, in round 2, Tim Skellenger (PDGA #26269) shot a 2 on the 901 ft hole 12. That second shot must have been a great one! He is the only player in USDGC history to ever score a 2 on hole 12.
(At the time it was an albatross since the hole was a par 5, but starting in 2013 the par was changed to 4.)

[Please don't derail this thread with any fruitless discussions about par.]

I'm not positive but I thought this hole was 2'd at least once since then. Basically it's a crush plus a fairway ace. Can't remember who, maybe Will S? On second thought maybe he holed out after going o/b to get a 3.

Another great shot by Will S was his 2 on hole 2 at last years usdgc. Don't recall ever hearing about another eagle on that hole. Damn, seems like he has a lot shots on this thread!

Didn't see it but for best dubs back to back shots I'd have to nominate Phil Arthur and Emac (I believe). They apparently 2'ed 27 at Flyboy which if you've played/seen that hole you'd know how ****ing crazy that is.

fantastic nominee!

And this also caused one of the biggest rule debates I've ever seen.

What was the rules debate? I couldn't figure out what he did wrong? link?

This is an Awesome thread. My contributions were feeble compared to most all of these.

What was the rules debate? I couldn't figure out what he did wrong? link?

This is an Awesome thread. My contributions were feeble compared to most all of these.

Wasn't it where he throws down the putter after? Didn't somebody try to stroke him for it, and the debate was, was his round over yet or not?

Wasn't it where he throws down the putter after? Didn't somebody try to stroke him for it, and the debate was, was his round over yet or not?

Climo, the guy who would have won the tournament had the putt not gone in, was the one who tried to argue that Cale spiking his putter was a stroke. Really came off as sour grapes.

Yep, he threw his putter down at the ground in all the excitement and Climo tried stroking him for a practice throw.

Thanks.

Wow, that is not cool. Anyone would be utterly stoked to tie Climo like that. He should have taken that disc-spike as a compliment.

I'm sure there are good reasons for rules like that, but I do hate when sports rules end up draining the fun out of celebrations. Like the NFL excessive celebration rules. How was the Mark Gastineau Sack Dance or the Redskins Fun Bunch bad for the game? Sorry to go off-topic here. But ya.

Yep, he threw his putter down at the ground in all the excitement and Climo tried stroking him for a practice throw.

I wouldn't think that could be considered a 'practice throw' even if it were deemed to be 'during the round'? It didn't travel "forward of his lie" and it wasn't (I suspect) over 2 meters either.

Probably not the best ever, but the best I've seen in person was '10 (I think) US dubs @ Eastway, I was watching the Barsby/Orum card (I think with Shultz/Shweb). On 18 2nd shot, Barsby flicked a Buzzz or something from the left rough (reaching out of the woods) through this V in the tree, from say 250. His semi-sarcastic over the top reaction was hilarious. If I could be sure he meant to do it, i'd call it a great shot.

view_image.php

Last edited:
Best shot I've ever witnessed was Matt Orum on hole 17 at the Fort Missoula temp course at the Zoo Town Open in...2011 I think?

Anyway, it is a 550' flat ground hole of mostly mown grass and a paved path with exactly one tree guarding the basket. The catch is that the fairway is only about 30' wide with OB on both sides all the way to the basket.

Matt is 1 shot behind Avery Jenkins, so he pulls out a roller and absolutely crushes it. It goes all the way to the basket basically on a straight line before burning out about 5 feet short. It rolls OB and then curls back around to leave him with a 12' putt. He ended up losing the tournament, but that shot is one that I will never forget.

Best shot I ever saw was random draw doubles as I passed through Hickory, NC. Maybe 7 years ago. Don't remember my partner's name.
Both drives hit trees. The best was about 50' past the tee, 50' in the woods, left of the already-narrow fairway. Another 200' or so to the basket. Couldn't see the basket, couldn't even see a pitch-out path back to the fairway.
I stood behind my partner just to get a better idea of the line.
He threw a high-angle sidearm that started s-ing but dove left after about 50' and rolled. We couldn't see it anymore. We couldn't see the basket either. One of the guys in the other group said, "it's going right for the basket but it'll roll 100 feet past it."
Sure enough, it must have hit a rock or something because we saw it jump up just for a brief second and then we heard chains.

The other shots in this thread sound much more skilled. Maybe I call this one the best ever because the guy was on my team.

For those who have played bracketts bluff:

Was playing a round there with Chain Addicted(RIP)
I don't remember where my drive ended up, but after a couple of runs at the basket, I had one that hit it, fell on the backside of the rock, facing the next holes fairway, underneath the rock.

So, I lay down on my back, I can't see the basket at all, I throw a sort of forehand up in the air, goes in the basket.

Probably not legal, but still a really entertaining throw, even if it was for a 5 or 6 :\

I've heard tale of a lefty tomahawk roller with a blizzard krait that aced

... I also heard it more deserves the most bull**** shot of all time

Latest posts