• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is XG plastic?

yankees23

Birdie Member
I have seen numerous things about XG plastic and I was wondering what it is and how it differs from other plastics.

XG=extra grip or extra gummy

It's pretty much just a gummier version of champ plastic.My xg bosses are way easier to turn than my regular ch. bosses

yup, what they said....if you are comfortable with softer plastic it feels great

I see. Thanks for the clarification guys. Sounds very enticing. Might have to go feelin some discs soon. No Homo. Well maybe a little. lol

i hope your joking?

I am not, the way I understood it was XG was an attempt to get more glide into the Boss like the first runs. A byproduct of that process was they became slightly more gummy and grippy. This process has since been put to use on other molds and I think they adapted the name to eXtra Grippy or something because it didn't really provide much extra glide as anticipated but did improve the grip.

lol
that's pretty funny

your a good man, im just a moron:thmbup:

so how about that "bending your disc" thread...does that have any responses yet? LOL! oh, and OP - def Xgrippy

I am not, the way I understood it was XG was an attempt to get more glide into the Boss like the first runs. A byproduct of that process was they became slightly more gummy and grippy. This process has since been put to use on other molds and I think they adapted the name to eXtra Grippy or something because it didn't really provide much extra glide as anticipated but did improve the grip.

sorry to double post, but im pretty sure you were misinformed. a poppy-top boss has more glide, regardless of plastic. if you dont mind me asking, where did you come about that info?

Will Schusterick right when they made did a small demo on driving explaining them as extra glide. It was about 2 months after that they they showed up on DGV as eXtra Grippy...after it was realized they they didn't have the glide like the first runs

Extra glide. I asked mark from disc values and that's what he told me any way. I don't believe they are gummy, I have 3 or 4 and they don't feel much different than champion plastic.

Xtra Grip...

The glide thing might have been the original intention but GRIP is what it came out to.

Case closed.....

Latest posts