• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is your goal for the year

1. Improve tee accuracy

2. Build my own personal basket

3. Work on 50ft' shot accuracy

My goal is to get more consistent. It isn't a "goal for the year" but a continual struggle. This weekend I shot 906 and 980. Unofficial ratings...

My Goals

writing your goals down is the first step to achieving them....so keep em coming

Amen, brotha man. Since I've been playing since last march, thus about a year, these are my goals to have done by next spring.

New & improved Technique

1) Improve backhand annies and S-curves

2) Control height, ie fewer nose-up stalls

3) Learn to throw a low straight sidearm "line drive" for tight wooded holes and control drives.

4) Improve follow-through and keeping weight forward.

Fieldwork

1) Play at least 20 new courses, in at least 3 new states (likely Iowa, Indiana and Illinois)

2) Organize and go on 27 course, 2 state, 17-day DG trip through the Twin Cities and Highbridge Hills in September, with 2 friends from Mexico and 1 from Texas.

3) Design and build a tone pole course of at least 9 holes on family property in Northern WI, before September.

4) Ensure that the permanent layout I helped design for our temp course in Mexico is getting put in the ground with the best holes possible, to grow the sport there and set the standard high.

Fieldwork Numbers 2-4 are already underway, so i guess im off to a good start.

Great set of goals. Here are mine:

1) Get an ace

2) Replace some of my big-arm discs with discs that match my speed.

3) Do more experimenting at the local football field

4) Develop a RHBH (I'm strictly LHBH) that can consistently go 200+

5) Achieve at least the following scores (from pro tees) at my local courses:
* -1 Paschall Park, Mesquite TX
* +4 Veteran's Park, Arlington TX
* +3 Beaver Course, Lester Lorch Park, Cedar Hill TX
* +3 Harry Myers DGC, Rockwall TX
* +0 Towne Lake, McKinney TX
* +3 Lake Lewisville, Lewisville TX

By my b-day in the end of june i will have completed last years goal of playing every course in VA, and add to that finishing off MD, hoping to be the first to play all of one state. Would also like to see my course get nine more baskets by the new year but that not totally within my control. I'll get those that i can i guess.

darn

should be another 9 holer in the ground in louisa prior to your b-day.

Thats alot closer than rockymount so thats not so bad, hope they get it up on here so i can find the place.

The only goal that matters is getting to be a gold trusted reviewer!!!! But first I have to get 36 more votes for silver.

I don't expect to hit gold this year because my landscape work is only getting ramped up right now. I have had tons of free time since January 1st so I have gotten to 34 courses already and have 114 votes. I have already hit every course in two counties of Milwaukee and Waukesha that is open, and only 5 more that haven't opened yet. 2 of those will be regular courses too. Secondary to this goal would be to pass Texconsinite in Trusted Review status!!! Of course I am kidding Gordon! Only 13 more courses and 60 votes! Although you only have 3 negative votes and I have 11!!! I have to work on that too. Maybe I can find those negative voters and get them to change their votes.

Other goals I have:

Get my rating up from 757 (only played 2 rounds in 1 tourney so I don;t know how accurate this is to my current level of play) to around 825-850 if that is possible. Since I started in January and have played a ton of rounds, now I need to get that form to where I can throw further. My max drives are maxing out around 250-270 on flat ground with no wind, but my norm has been around 200-225. It would help if I was able to throw my Destroyer, so that is another goal, to get to the power and good form where I can make my Destroyer do what it is supposed to. I think until then I better stick to the Valkyrie for controlled drives under no wind. Anything I can just rip or dead into the wind, I can just throw the Destroyer and hope it works out for me.

1. Leave every course I play better than I found it.
2. Learn to run our singles events as well as my predecessor did.
3. Teach as many people as possible about Disc Golf.

Thanks for sharing these goals -- I really appreciate that they are all about helping out others and the sport rather than just a focus on personal improvement. This is a great approach.

I laugh at the people who's goal is to "ace" -- that's really a luck thing almost as much as a skill thing (yes, more skilled players ace more often, but hard work and score/rating improvement are totally separate from acing). I think goals should be things that are more affected by hard work and skill than by luck.

I think one of the best things that could happen to the sport is if everyone who reads this sees your goals and adopts goals #1 and #3 at the top of their own personal lists of goals.

I would really like to score even or better at Pease Park, but at the same time I want to play as many different courses as possible so that makes my first goal a bit more difficult, yet not completely out of reach.

Latest posts