• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most hated disc?

Bad design, and inconsistent results. Gave mine to a friend because it never did what I wanted it to do. Well, I shouldn't say never but it pissed me off more times than not. Now I've been watching my friend for past year having the same problems I once had. Then my other friend found an almost new Champ Groove, and hated it just as badly as myself. The disc can fly well, it just seems to rarely happen though.

Sounds similar to my experience, traded it in for next to nothing after a couple of weeks. Love the Boss and Katana though.

the epic, I work at a disc golf shop so whenever anyone comes in saying "I hear this flies further than any other disc because of it's rim" I cringe.

Starfire. :(
Had high hopes, but its just a lump of poo in my hands, notorious for giving me crappy rolls that go away from the pin.
Hated it.
hated+it.jpg

I keep finding them though, then selling them or giving them away.
Only one I keep is an old gummy, pearly one from days of yor that I found in a swamp.
Never felt or seen another one quite like it, or any other disc that feels like it.
I'm saving it to show Dave from Innova someday, and then say " Make some discs with this shiz please " its just that special.

Rhyno. ;)

(somewhere, Zenbot seethes with anger)

For the people saying that they don't 'hate' a disc, and that they just don't throw it if it doesn't work for them; please try a champion groove, you will actually hate this disc, and will want to get rid of it in any way possible.

I really haven't thrown anything that I couldn't make work for me. I enjoyed the Groove. I didn't really care for the Boss, but I only had a couple throws with it.

I don't know if this is my least favorite but I got an ape recently and it sucks.

I've been slowly getting better with it but maybe it's just out of my skill level. I had similar problems with the Boss when it first came out and now I can throw it just fine

not a fan of teebirds either. in any plastic. just always throw them like crap for some reason. im gonna try em again later tho, everyone loves them so much thers gotta be a reason rigt

my most hated disc was the valkyrie & wahoo

i blame my lack of skill for my hatred of the valk. i realize that it is a good disc. for me, the slightest breeze changed a slightly beat in champ from straight to flippy. very hard to control for me.

wahoo just made me angry because i had such high hopes for a nice flippy floater... just far to flippy for me.
get a CE valk theyre quite a bit more stable, at least the early opaque white ones are from my experience

monarch for sure. bought one when i was a noob, bad choice and lost it on the first course i played it with. then, after a year or 2, bought another one to try it out, didnt work for crap. so inconsistent and so unpredictable. thing turned and burned, didnt turn, sailed, died. idk if it was me or not, but i just wasnt happy with it.

My most hated disc is anything that I can't throw with much success or don't give much time then give/trade/sell to someone I know and get to watch them birdie a hole right in front of me that I subsequently don't birdie.

Rhyno. ;)

(somewhere, Zenbot seethes with anger)

just because he made fun of your nebulas (nebulae?)

in all seriousness, I don't like rhynos because I don't see that point of putting with some that overstable. And for drives, they are just kinda useless. unless I want to flex a putter, it doesn't go straight. I throw putter shots to go straight/slight hyzer/slight turnover. All the rhyno does is go right (LHBH), on putts and drives, and it doesn't glide when doing it.

I don't really hate any disc specifically. I mean, some discs don't fly great for me, but if that's the case, I just see it as that disc not being the one for me. No reason to hate.