• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What is your NON-putter disc for putting?

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
Do you ever do this? When you're either too far or in a weird spot, you don't want to use your putter, but you want to run the basket and feel pretty confident you can do it with greater reward than risk.

What disc do you use? Plastic? When? Why?

:popcorn: :D

Do you ever do this? When you're either too far or in a weird spot, you don't want to use your putter, but you want to run the basket and feel pretty confident you can do it with greater reward than risk.

What disc do you use? Plastic? When? Why?

:popcorn: :D

classic blend suspect, sticks where it lands so I can run it with great reward and little risk

I never do, but two of my friends use a Dart or Mako from my jump putt range with pretty good results. I'm either jump putting or laying up with an Ion flick outside of 60'.

I carry a dart for a lot of those kind of shots. But I got an atlas yesterday that might push the darts out. If nothing else, a beat dx shark for turnover, or a roc.

depending on the lie and distance I will use an optimizer because it has amazing glide and is incredibly understable so it is easy to get out for the long putts. but outside of the range with that I will usually throw a z wasp forehand on a hyzer line going for the throw in cuz I am fairly accurate with that

I'll use a comet at times when I'm about 150-70 out. It will float and act like a lid, but since the mid is powered down, it adds some additional stability.

I use a putter most of the time, but there are very good occasions where using a mid is definitely a better choice than a putter.

The only times I don't use a normal putter for a putt/approach is when it has to come down steep and there is a big risk for a roll-away, in which case I throw a floppy soft vibram something. This would be a very rare thing except that it's good for the little course in town.

I've head of putting with upside-down drivers on windy days, but I've never tried it.

Buzzz or Roc3.. What they are designed for, Mid range discs for mid range shots haha

Tangent all day :thmbup:

Tangie is good for long putts that need to carry a bit more than a regular putter. Slam those chains!

I'll use a Comet,but it's more of a spin shot instead of a putt when it gets too far out. If I do hit chains it usually never sticks though lol

I'll throw my star gator in the wind outside of 60' or so.

I think half of the posters missed the "NON-putter" in the title.

I will use my Roc3 in a casual round, if I approached with it and am within 20 feet. I have a friend that is deadly accurate putting with his 137 Blizz Boss!...until the wind blows.

Latest posts