• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a "Cubby" ace?

I've lost count of the number of cubby aces I've had on the basket in my backyard practicing putting.

Can't say as I've had a real ace yet.

Those are not Cubby aces. a Cubby ace is on a course emptying your bag on a 120 foot hole.

I have a private course in my yard. Two baskets and all the tees and mandos I that tickle my fancy.

I have a private course in my yard. Two baskets and all the tees and mandos I that tickle my fancy.

Still just practice aces. A Cubby ace is on a real course. I have a 5 acre course in my backyard with 9 baskets, I have 2 "aces" they are practice aces, not even cubby aces.

Prerube created the entry today. Nice job there. Did you do one for "prerube" yet?

Way to spoil it :p

No, that would be odd and just prove to everyone that I have a huge ego. I can't enter myself in wikipedia. I did do a nice write up for DGCR but it was deleted in 11 seconds.

cubby doesn't claim to have nearly 500 aces on video. he doesn't claim to have nearly 500 aces- he knows the exact amount- nor does he claim to have all of them on video.

I can not type the exact number because he gets another ace every week, I am not going to change it everytime he throws a cubby ace.

he doesn't play that much disc golf anymore. so it doesn't change that much. i find it really funny that dgcr gets so upset with somebody having fun playing disc golf.

my beef is that he calls them aces when they are not. Throwing a bag of 30 discs over and over and over until one finally goes in then only posting the winning attempt to look good for a bunch of strangers on youtube. Then those people wonder why they can not get an ace after 5 months of playing when this guy gets one every time he touches a disc.

I have yet to hear a single new player that's discouraged by his videos. He's doing something to promote the sport which is a lot more than most of us can say.

I think his video tours of courses are better. They showcase courses and you can watch him play and not just toss cubby aces.

I don't think it is DGCR, I think it is pretty much just me that makes a fuss about the legitimacy of his aces. Everyone who has met him says he is great, He is one of the most popular ambassadors of disc golf right now, possibly the most well known non-pro player. The only aspect I do not like is that he feels theses are all aces. When someone tried to talk to him about it he finally came clean that they were not his first shot, but he still would not admit they were not aces.

Latest posts