• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a "Cubby" ace?

...and I can do what I want, and when someone brings a cubby thread back from the dead, I can state my opinion. I am not bashing cubby, just noting the one aspect I do not like.

you don't have to be sherlock holmes to realize he throws more than one shot off the tee and counts all tee to basket shots as aces.

actually there have been several debates about that, many people do not believe he takes a second shot, even when we pointed out a place in one of the videos where the disc changed colors.
One person got so upset they called him during the debate.

it's not cubby's fault people are dumb. do you really want to watch him empty his bag, pick up his discs, walk back to the tee, and repeat until he throws one in?

I don't think it is DGCR, I think it is pretty much just me that makes a fuss about the legitimacy of his aces. Everyone who has met him says he is great, He is one of the most popular ambassadors of disc golf right now, possibly the most well known non-pro player. The only aspect I do not like is that he feels theses are all aces. When someone tried to talk to him about it he finally came clean that they were not his first shot, but he still would not admit they were not aces.

I just have a hard time understanding why that matters. Aces are cool and all, but aren't something that important in the grand scheme of things. It's even less important that someone else defines them differently than you do.

I just have a hard time understanding why that matters. Aces are cool and all, but aren't something that important in the grand scheme of things. It's even less important that someone else defines them differently than you do.

Isn't it even less important that someone cares that someone cares that someone defines them differently than he does? ;)

What if I only played the first 3 baskets of 1000 courses and bragged I have played 1000 courses. I was there, I played at the course, but I did not play all 18. If someone came in here bragging about a cubby ace 15 people would correct them, but Cubby does it on youtube.

I beleive Cubby just wants to share the beauty of a disc flying from the tee into the basket.

Just to remind you all, I am not the one who brought the cubby issue back from the dead. ^ This guy did.
Also my wikipedia entry is not negative towards Cubby at all, maybe the term will spread out from more than just DGCR. I think it would be cool if Cubby overheard someone talking about getting a cubby ace.

got me a second throw ace today. boo yah. felt goddam great.

I have 3 ACEs at my pratice field with my basket, but I don't count them. I also don't take second shots, because I want my aces to be on the first shot.

I guess when you arm gets tired from taking more than one shot at the basket, you can always wrap this around your arm:

ace-elastic-bandages.jpg

Last edited:
i still would be that cubby is a better tunnel shooter than most of us here, having never met the guy , only seen 1 or 2 videos b4 reading this, dont need to watch the ones posted bout in here... but he at least has better aim than i , he deserves some respect for hittin em, but i could agree with the hole in one vs the ace tooo, but hey, he's hit alot so mad props
he knows its contraversal, but he also has good reason to assume he's better at it than you ( you is noone in perticular )

I played a couple of rounds with Cubby about 10 years ago. A class act. Great ambassador for the sport. And yes, he could hit a tunnel. He would take a brand new CE Firebird and send it RHBH dead straight down the middle of a gap. No aces that day, but a seriously strong snap.

Go ahead and admit it fellas. I will. We are jealous. I don't know about you, but I don't have a private course, I don't have 300+ aces of any kind. I don't have that much time in a week to play DG. Heck, I don't even have a video camera. Cubby has all of the above. Being Cubby, being Cubby-like, throwing Cubby-like, or even making a Cubby Ace --- it's all good.

Ron

how in the world has this thread lasted for 175 posts?

I just saw it at the top of the list and died a little inside... all over again..

I know by posting in this thread I am moving it right back to the top but that is just the price you have to pay to make a useless comment on a dead topic.

Latest posts