• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What type of DG'er are you?!?

What do you say when your competitor's/friends are putting?

• "You got this"

Votes: 137 88.4%
  • "Miss it, Miss it!!!"

Votes: 18 11.6%

• Total voters
I and my friends are not overly competitive. We play for the joy of it, and are each of us happy for the others whenever a great putt is sunk, or a wicked drive is thrown, and equally sympathetic when someone hits the one tree in the field. Sure, we all grumble and curse the son of a bi#@h who hits a birdie on our bogeys, but it's never with any rancor. Of course there is trash talking, whether someone is doing well or poorly, but that's all in fun, and never if playing with newcomers or strangers.

Plus, we all like to witness amazing shots and/or blunders. See "youtube". Its in our nature

Most of the people i play with casually I want them to do good. I have no problem beating them, its playing tourny when i want others to play bad.

I enjoy trash talk, but it's obvious that the smack is just for the fun of it. Someone makes a great shot, I'm saying "nice shot... you bastard". It boils down to attitude, and I'm genuinely happy to see great shots no matter who is making them.

Recently I was the scorekeeper on a round when a friend missed a likely birdie. I called out "and I've got Sam down for a choke 3". It grew into a pretty funny joke, so maybe you guys can help me figure a good way to mark a scorecard for a Choke 3.

Upon getting on the leader card a few times its not exactly hurt my feelings when whoever is winning shanks one into the creek. :p

With that being said I have never said anything negative to anyone, though sometimes when my brother n law putts I do start saying "Roll down the hill, roll down the hill"

I don't say anything. Someone else is trying to concentrate. Must be something wrong with me....

If I'm in a pickup group or with new players, I am usually encouraging. If I'm with my usual group, we heckel each other quite a bit, especially with putting and lengths of drives.

This is a loaded question. It depends on who you are playing with. If I'm in a tournament or out with people I don't know I would encourage. Typically I would encourage my friends as well. But when you play with a group pretty regularly You hyave to raz them. And when you are competing with a stupid bet I'm definately saying, "you bastard", when my friend hits that 25' putt that forces me to buy all the beer next round. Of course I usually say nice putt right after. You have to respect the skill.

I agree! I play with a group that, every once in a while, play's for a "Golden Mini". Who ever shoots the best score that round gets the mini. The shit's not made of "Gold" or nothin, it's just for braggin rights! We razzz the hell outta each other the entire round, but always give props for a nice shot.

Generally speakin, I encourage all that I play with and root them on. The beauty of our sport is the comrodery that you find among disc golfers. We all know a good shot when we see one and it's good to encourage those that you play with.

In tournament play, I say "you got this" up until we are down to the wire and then I don't say anything but am thinking, "miss it, miss it". In rec play, I'm always encouraging and hoping everyone else shoots great.

I usually play with close friends and always try to plant the 'choke seed' in their head. I make sure they know how important the putt may be or that they will need to overadjust to the wind. And yes the occasional loud 'choke' cough when they are putting or driving.

yeah you really don't say anything before or during the putt/drive, sometimes I guess you say you got this But only if you don't want to hear them bitch and moan for the next couple holes/days. Of course when you are playing in a handicap or tourny you can't voice your commands but you better believe the voice in my head is going nuts!!! MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS NO WAY GO LEFT MISS MISS MISS LEFT LEFT LEFT COOOOOMMMMEEEE OOOOONNNNN WIIIINNNNDDD!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!
haha think what the world would be like if we could read minds, i bet that would mess with them a little.

This is a loaded question. It depends on who you are playing with.

ditto.

but i'll never wish ill will upon someone's shot out loud.

i'll be saying "miss this motherfucker" in my head, but not out loud :D

nope no need for a high five... just don't send the negative either. If its all in good fun thats fine too do a lil' sh!t talking.

Latest posts