• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first course you ever played?

1977, Purdue University, object course, designed by Bruce Willis PDGA #037. Strange, but I can't remember the first pole hole course I played on. It was either the KOA in Peru, IN, or the long extinct KOA in Lafayette, IN.

on my home campus course Lawrence Tech in Southfield mi... played many more rounds there since the day i started :p

Riverside DGC. In tulsa

For the all Chicago old timers Gillson Park Wilmette Il.
Long gone but not forgotten.

Dretzka Park in Milwaukee, WI.

I fell in love with Disc Golf there while working at Harley. I wish I could go back and play there now that I've improved my game severely.

First time I ever saw disc golf was 1991 Colorado State University.

First time I played was early 1994 at Knob Hill in Pittsburgh. I played with an ultimate disc and shot a 71 from the short tees to A-pin.

Within a 2 or 3 months, I had my first ace (with a polecat) and was shooting in the mid 60's.

Sims Park in Euclid OH right on the shores of Lake Erie just east of Cleveland. First course I have ever played and the one I still visit the most. Of course it is only 1/2 mile from my home and the views of Lake Erie from Holes 1-4 never fail to amaze me.

Rick G

Fountain Hills, AZ.

It was slightly fustrating losing every disc that I had just bought in less than one full round.

Bradley Park, Peoria IL, 1989 with a frisbee.

...15 years later...

First try with golf discs in 2004 at Camden I in Milan IL. Played with sandals on and got poison ivy all over my feet...right before a trip to Europe. Socks were drenched with pus for the whole trip. :|

Second try Elver Park, Madison WI, 2005. Hooked for life.

Latest posts