• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first disc golf disc that you threw?

Hard to say, I would have been to young to remember but I do know some of my first disc.

Discraft Shadow
Innova Dolphin
Lightning Spitfire
Lightning Rubber Putter

Location, probably around my yard at first.
Distance, probably less then 30 feet

I want to say the first disc I threw was something DC maybe an avenger? We played in my basics of teaching physical education class in college. IIRC I was throwing all forehand and burning it into the ground about 150' out from OATing the crap out of it. Didn't play again for like 6 months and then bought a star archon from MC sports. Didn't own or throw a putter for the first year of playing.

bought an innova starter pack 2 years ago, had DX skeeter, aviar, leopard. still have the aviar and skeeter, both i dont throw and keep in my room for sentimental value, otherwise it would be in the stack of rejected molds. also, i lost the leopard second round.

DX Roc that a friend lent me for my first round. First real throw after practicing went about 150 feet maybe.

Viper, Shark, Panther, and 86 Softie -- all purchased at the same time in 1993. The innova were DX, but they weren't called DX at the time.

Either a dx leopard or the wham-o leopard clone. My girlfriend came back from a SA closeout sale last summer with one starter set from each brand. I think I threw the wham-o because she liked the leopard stamp, and I was putting it out to almost 250 that first day(lots of ultimate growing up). First non-starter kit disc was a dx beast that I went out and bought the next day because I was instantly hooked.

DX Leopard a friend gave me and I shanked it to the right maybe 30 feet holding on to it too long lol. Second throw, maybe 125-150 feet since it was down hill. Used that Leopard all that summer and now it is retired.

This one.
Still have it.
Not sure how far it went the first time.

54957_g.jpg

These were the first type of golf specific disc that I used. Before that it was "catch" Frisbees. We 1st threw them at a course (West Park) because we bought them at the course from the dude in the van. After the Midnight Flyers and Kittyhawks I gravitated to Discraft, and also favored the Phantom line. I think that we got them out to around 200', but it was ok because the holes were alot shorter back then, for the most part.

picture.php

Star Stingray. Probably went 175-200ish, but I had been throwing regular Frisbees my whole life.

First disc I threw at a disc golf entrapment device was probably a dx Shark, followed by a Birdie putter. Threw the Orc in the field near home and couldn't figure out how to control it. Those were the discs I'd picked up at PIAS when I started playing disc golf 'for real' in 2011. I'm sure I could throw the Shark 150-200' because it felt most like a Frisbee.

Before that, I'd been throwing my 1970's era Wham-O Moonlighter at targets (trees, street signs & fire hydrants) in the neighborhood. :eek:

want to say a DGA Kitty Hawk. first disc i ever bought was a Discraft Phantom+ prototype

:hfive: Discraft Phantom+, white. Bought it at a party store across from Starrr Park http://http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1867

I had been playing for a while with a Wham-o Masters lid. Went to grab a tall boy to carry around while playing and found golf discs.

I think I could put that Phantom out there around 250'. Now I throw a warp speed driver........oh......about 250'. :|

My guess is JLS. Friend let me borrow it for the round and since that's the disc he carries most, I'm pretty sure that was it. It was maybe 10 years ago, and the other guys we were playing with were throwing fits at their bad shots, (that still doubled my distance), so I didn't play again for several years. I threw 150' maybe? I was actually better the first couple times I played then when I tried to get serious about it 5 years later.