• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What you think of Electric Scooters on DG courses?

I've been thinking of it for years, but now I see videos cropping up on youtube, because some days my knees are just shot.

I was pretty sure parks disallowed it with "No Motor Vehicles", but according to some sources, it's a personal mobility device if it's under 750w/20mph and so doesn't count. Not sure if it's true.

My biggest concern is that it'll rip up the grass. Even the off-road ones have pretty skinny tires when all is said and done and my parks are often wet/dewy in grass. There seems to be an annual mountain bike race at one of my locals for some reason and you can see everyplace they go because it's 20 different bike footprints ripping up everything in their path. No bueno and annoying for everyone else. Don't think anything short of a fat bike with low psi would be printless, especially small diameter electric tires with that amount of torque.

Another problem is the hard course have uphills and downhill where you'd have to carry these things, negating the point to some big degree.

Any input?

If you have a medical reason to assist with mobility, go for it. If you'd just rather take it easy, then please don't. One thing I think most DG'ers enjoy is the peace and quiet of the course. But I also believe that virtually every DG'er would completely support someone with medical issues who wants to play to get out there. I'm sure I'll be there one day myself. Played sports into college, then army. I wake up sometimes and wonder what roving gang of guerillas tossed me around in my sleep.

Well, I had thought about an electric bike in the past.

I like the idea of a scooter if I can attach my bag to it, or at least a smaller bag. I do use a cart so I have a seat and it does help save on my back.

I will say this, I would say most courses using these would not be possible and considering I play almost every course for the last 8 years blind, I would not know if I could use it or not on many of them.

Two of our local courses…you could probably die on one of those. The other one I have seen someone try it. The parks people don't like it though.

I think if you're playing a course that pretty much requires a golf cart to get around, I'm all for little personal scooters. Heck, even bikes. Shy of that, not really, and I agree with the others I think only someone with personal mobility issues should use them, if needed.

I used a Segway for about a year when I was rehabbing Plantar Fasciitis in my right foot. Here on the Gulf Coast most courses are "personal mobility" friendly. Not ALL holes are Segway friendly.

Pros: -Gives those with limited mobility - more mobility.
-Shortens the time it takes to throw a round (by about half).
- Segways, or the Airwheel that I use, generally have wider tires, for stability and to reduce damage to the ground. I would not use a two-wheel scooter.
- Makes hill climbs much easier. (up to about a 20 degree incline).
- Makes it much quicker to retrieve a disc you left on the ground a hole or two ago.

Cons: -Soft ground can be hazardous. Especially sand.
-Roots can be tough to navigate safely. Best to walk your device on these holes.
-Water, whether from dew, rain, or puddles, can wreak havoc on electric devices.
- Nearly impossible to pull a cart on a Segway, so it's a shoulder bag or backpack.

I prefer walking and pulling a Zuca, depending on what course I am playing. However, if I am unable to walk without pain, I will jump on my Airwheel in a second. My love of the game far outweighs any criticism from the masses, about how I choose to get around. Which leads me to a bit of advice my dad gave me when I was just a child: The only opinions that matter are those of friends and family. Everyone else's opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, as they likely do not have YOUR best interests at heart.

I used a Segway for about a year when I was rehabbing Plantar Fasciitis in my right foot. Here on the Gulf Coast most courses are "personal mobility" friendly. Not ALL holes are Segway friendly.

Pros: -Gives those with limited mobility - more mobility.
-Shortens the time it takes to throw a round (by about half).
- Segways, or the Airwheel that I use, generally have wider tires, for stability and to reduce damage to the ground. I would not use a two-wheel scooter.
- Makes hill climbs much easier. (up to about a 20 degree incline).
- Makes it much quicker to retrieve a disc you left on the ground a hole or two ago.

Cons: -Soft ground can be hazardous. Especially sand.
-Roots can be tough to navigate safely. Best to walk your device on these holes.
-Water, whether from dew, rain, or puddles, can wreak havoc on electric devices.
- Nearly impossible to pull a cart on a Segway, so it's a shoulder bag or backpack.

I prefer walking and pulling a Zuca, depending on what course I am playing. However, if I am unable to walk without pain, I will jump on my Airwheel in a second. My love of the game far outweighs any criticism from the masses, about how I choose to get around. Which leads me to a bit of advice my dad gave me when I was just a child: The only opinions that matter are those of friends and family. Everyone else's opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, as they likely do not have YOUR best interests at heart.
Lol.....

- most parks around here dont allow vehicles, not even bikes except maybe on one main traffic road trough the park
- not allowed in tournament play

- personally, when i see somebody on such a thing i think they re a) too lazy to ride a bike and b) too intoxicated to drive something that requires a permit. We call em hobo rides.

I have seen on other courses not in my area, people using golf carts where they move under own power with a stop and person needed it because person he only had one full arm or was missing a real hand at least. Only other person who had a cart like his was an older baby jogging/running cart made for more road use having 4 wheels and used more a person's power like those expensive stupid bikes you peddled and a motor would build up some keneic endergy and given how he had a kid who was 5 and was playing using a Dragon, a very light Shark or Comet, and hen current run R-Pro Hydra for putter, a store on Amazon sold Hydra and Shark to together and a Wahoo and Hydra combo. All was in 2016 when course was relatively new, so a bunch of people were checking bagging off a Western NY State Disc Golf course that is in a Western NY State Park Disc Golf group/organization.

Vision Quest use to rent out actual golf carts to use on the course.

My opinion of riding carts and scooters is leaning towards a no. Now a Zuca type cart with some kind of motor assist to reduce the push/pull effort, I might buy that!

What Course?

Visionquest is the course. It's like ten minutes away from Blue Ribbon Pines in MN. It's now owned or rented by Cale Leviska and called Airborne - The Hollows or something like that. Still basically the same exact course as the original.

Latest posts