• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

My 177g Champ Roc3 (1X Paul McBeth) that I got last year. My favorite disc so far and even in the near future when I try different midranges and change up my bag, I will still keep that as my go to for up shots or short drives. Its got its own slot in my bag (the shallow key/cell phone pouch below the quiver pouch) and I wouldn't consider putting another disc in that slot. It would feel dirty, considering how well that disc has performed for me.

Pretty much all my discs....but if I was to say a few that just cannot leave.....

M4....F7.....Roadrunner.....D5. I like understable discs that I can control and know their flights. I like these a lot.

I've said a lot of molds wouldn't leave my bag but I always stand corrected. Buzzz is the only mold that has NEVER come out of my bag since the beginning. Flat, Opaque, 180 Z Buzzz's.

Eagle X, seems like 2 discs in 1. Flip it flat or follow through a little more right so it holds the hyzer. Haven't given the Teebird a fair shot yet.

Every other disc seems to be replaceable.

I would have to say my Teebirds and Eagle Xs. More than half my drives or fairway shots (over 325-350) and made by these two discs.

Next would be my KC Aviars. They feel really comfortable in my hand and I love them for upshots. I just don't drive with them. I use a Suspect for putter driving duties.

I said the Wizard would never leave. It did.
I said the Sidewinder would never leave. It did.
Same for the Buzzz and Warship.

So, what I'm saying is, I'm usually wrong. But right now, the Suspect and Escape seem impossible to replace.

Super Puppy - ultimate up shot disc, and my CE Q Omega - first two tourney aces almost three years apart to the day.
Now if some company wanted me to dump them, the Super Puppy would be the only tough one to replace.

Advil,water bottle , golden retriever, smartphone, and at least one roc......that's all I need........and this ashtray........

Thirty years and nearly all of them with a Comet, Stratus and a Magnet. I live in Discraft country and these were some of the first discs I could get my hands on. Funny, I try to move them out, recently trying a Lat 64 Core to displace the Comet. Not likely to happen though.

I know. Never say never but as of right now what will never be kicked out of your bag of discs. Keep it to a max of 5.

1. 176 N Axis - I hear all the time about a disc staying on whatever line you put it on but this is the only disc that always does.

2. 170 Opto River - Laser beam with or without fade. Long hyzers or anyzers with a little bit or a lot of turn and no fade. So much control and I love the feel of Opto plastic. It's my favorite.

3. 169 Avenger - My goto driver. Straight ahead with predictable fade on the end.

4. 171 Opto Fuse - The disc that taught me how to turn right. Laser straight for 150-200 feet, then it's right turn, Clyde. And a hard turn at that. Any time I 100% need to go right and not have it fade back on me it's the Fuse all day, every day.

5. 175 White Anode - The only putter I carry. The only putter I need.

LOL. I was going to post here and forgot I'm the one who started this thread. Oh well. Here's an update.

1. Axis - GONE. It got bumped for the Tangent.

2. River - GONE. MVP Amp replace it. Does everything the River did but easier and with more control.

3. Avenger - BACKUP. In the bag but as a backup for windy days. MVP Volt replaced it.

4. Fuse - GONE. Replaced by my MVP Ion and overlapped big time after my Fury broke in.

5. Anode - STILL GOING STRONG. Has only gotten better and better.

New updated list as of 5-13-14.

1. Anode - Still best putter for me.

2. Ion - All upshots. Butter.

3. Wraith - Perfect speed for my best distance and great control. Love it in Star plastic.

4. Volt - Goto driver.

5. Inertia - Hyzerflips and annys.

Latest posts