• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

The Buzzz. I could quit throwing for the next 10 years and randomly go out and throw my old Buzzz with the kids and their new speed 20 discs and still keep up (if not old-man own). Its just such a useful disc at all speeds and distances.

Still pretty new to the sport but I am 100% sure that the Volt, Valkyrie, Buzzz and sole will never be leaving my bag

In the last two years I've never played a meaningful round without a teebird or kc pro aviar. I added the zone about 18 months ago and it hasn't left the bag since. I have always had a roc in there but the type and plastic changes quite a bit. I think those are my only constants.

Water bottle. I'm sure there are discs that I will always have in there but I'm not going to say now for sure I won't replace them all at some point. I imagine I will always have at least one Trespass, Renegade, Escape, Verdict, Truth, and Judge in the bag.

I'm pretty sure that nothing is safe in my bag. I'm sure i could find a decent replacement for everything and still shoot about the same, as long as i had time to warm up to a new line up. Not trying to replace anything, but you never know when something will come along and fill a role better.

Anything at anytime can be replaced but, I do have a soft spot for gl saints, warships, and a champ leopard I've had for a while. The ship's are the safest.

Probably my 1x Beast and my KC Pro Cheetah. They've been in my bag for almost a decade. I'd cry if I lost them.

Water bottle. I'm sure there are discs that I will always have in there but I'm not going to say now for sure I won't replace them all at some point. I imagine I will always have at least one Trespass, Renegade, Escape, Verdict, Truth, and Judge in the bag.

I'm sorry but I can't help but chuckle. All of the discs you named aren't even a year old. Two years from now you probably won't be throwing any of those.

Definitely would never go without a buzzz in the bag. I could also never see my bag not having at least one destroyer and a teebird or two. And an opto pure is probably a staple at this point as well...

I'm sorry but I can't help but chuckle. All of the discs you named aren't even a year old. Two years from now you probably won't be throwing any of those.

Chuckle away. The people at DD like what I like and have for the last three years I got back into the game. I've used innova and discraft since 1996 the first time. They have great molds but not the consistency or plastic I prefer now. Really all of those molds I listed are nothing ground breakingly new or different they just offer me the plastic and glide I like for my game. I appreciate you taking the time to respond but with all due respect, you don't know me or what will be in my bag.

I've liked everything DD has put out but can probably live without the suspect and fugitive which I didn't list. They play the same courses and maybe that gives them the same taste I have. Like flat mids. Long but easy to throw drivers. About ten or more other things I could list but I think I've disposed of your claims quite well. :popcorn:

never leaving my bag are the stiff plastic inserts that stabilize the bag and support the sides from collapsing....those things are MONEY!

Vector: especially my orange first run it does every thing I want. I dont think I'd make it if I lost it.

Pro Pig: awesome utility/driving putter

Also with your reply you seemed to completely ignore the the first part of my post. About only the water bottle since I don't predict the future. I am just assuming I will have those molds as staples for a long time because of my comfort with them. Some of them I was able to throw before they released to the public and have a little more experience with than the average disc consumer. Thanks again though for the reply.

"I'm sure there are discs that I will always have in there but I'm not going to say now for sure I won't replace them all at some point."

Banshee..that mold will never leave my bag.

Rocs....I will always have at least 3 Rocs in the bag at all times (Champ, DX, KC Pro) ...4x Kenny only comes out in winter time..replaced with 2005 ZD Champ Roc..

Z Zone...can't live without that in the bag.

FR Sidewinder....will always have at least one in the bag...great anhyzer discs and rollers.

Champ Stingray...I will always throw a Champ Stingray...they can do too many things well not to have one in the bag.

In my short time playing this wonderful game, I've tested numerous molds, and while there were a lot I enjoyed, there are only two that have remained in my bag since the beginning.

Comet
Eagle

I don't really see myself replacing them, especially since I've got a nice cycle going with my eagles. There are a lot of discs similar to the comet, but none fly with such grace and elegance, with such little effort (unless its windy :p)

Latest posts