• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the best of Austin, TX?

TheWCG

* Ace Member *
For you Austin locals or travelers.... If you had a long weekend to attack the Austin area, what would be the best courses to play?? :popcorn:
I'm kinda interested in personal reccomendations please. Thanks!:thmbup:

when? our newest course roy g guerro will/should be done by end of feb. as said though.

circle r
circle c
east metro in manor
met center
austin bible ridge
wilco in round rock/cedar park
roy g if done by then.

I enjoyed Circle C and E Metro a lot, both are at least 4+ star courses although I never did reviews on them.

Here are some courses that are not best of the best but are good at what they were designed for.

If you want to test your arm try Old Settlers Park. It has a couple of 1000'+ holes and a few more over 500' and 21 holes. It also has an alternate (winter variant) course overlayed on the original so you coule play 42 holes.

If you want to be humbled by a 9 hole course try Brushy Creek Sports Park.

If you want to carve up some technical tunnels then give Rivery Park a whirl. To find hole six go under the bridge and hang a left or print a map.

Austin also has two great Pitch and Putt / Birdie or Die courses: Zilker Park and Wells Branch. Wells Branch has Sunday Morning random draw doubles. Last week second place shot a -17.

If you're into History or nostalgia, the oldest course in town and one of the oldest in the country is Bartholomew Park. They have a mini there every Saturday.

I loved the layout at METcenter I was in Austin for a week and played it everyday. I also enjoyed Circle C it was pretty technical, wide fairways but the rough was really rough lots of rocks that were hard on some of my discs. I wanted to hit Eastmetro but with traffic and time of year I couldn't squeeze it in before dark. Have fun those John Houck courses are nicely done

No love for searight? It's in between Circle C and Met Center and it's a ton of fun while providing a nice change of pace from the other 2 longer more challenging courses. Hit it early though because the crowds can be intense.

Play the searight doubles, I had a blast there, good way to see the course, plays fairly quickly with a large crowd taking over the course. Yeah, it's a fun course worth seeing if you have the time, but I'd make the others a priority.

Circle C and MetCenter for sure ... along with a trip to Disc Nation and possibly a stop at Searight which is right across the street. Austin is disc golf heaven.

For you Austin locals or travelers.... If you had a long weekend to attack the Austin area, what would be the best courses to play?? :popcorn:
I'm kinda interested in personal reccomendations please. Thanks!:thmbup:

Like has been said, you pretty much have your choice of what type of course you want here.

Zilker or Wells Branch for quicker and ace runs. Zilker is flat with no water and Wells is mostly flat and water comes into play on most holes. Searight is another shorter one if you hit it early enough. It does get crowded but it is a really fun course and you can parlay a round there with ones at Metcenter and Circle C, and the aforementioned Disc Nation.

Circle C is probably the best course here. Definitely hit that one. Metcenter is a nice one as well.

Austin Ridge is a very technical and rough round. Great course but lots of ups and downs. There are 2 bonus holes here: A & B which are Texas' steepest up and steepest down holes.

East Metro in Manor is another great course. Very technical. It's an accuracy course that looks like a big arm course. If it rains it gets pretty nasty though. Same with Metcenter.

Wilco is the northwest side of town and it's a really nice course as well. Very flat and no water but you'll need every shot in your bag. It's also very close to Old Settlers (long for big arm or variant to save your arm.) Usually pretty windy here. Also near Wilco, is Brushy Creek 9. Like Sidewinding said is a 9 holer that will score like a 18 holer. lol

And yes we have many delicious meats sandwiches!