• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the new roc?

domromer

* Ace Member *
Without reading through a zilion threads what is the latest and greatest competition to the Roc?
I had a fire in my garage and all my disc's are melty plastic. All 45 Rocs. I've been out of the loop on the forum for a few years. It's nice to see you guys are still using my photos for the dgr banner... I do miss pier park.

Dom

domromer said:
Without reading through a zilion threads what is the latest and greatest competition to the Roc?
I had a fire in my garage and all my disc's are melty plastic. All 45 Rocs. I've been out of the loop on the forum for a few years. It's nice to see you guys are still using my photos for the dgr banner... I do miss pier park.

Dom

The rumor is that a new disc came out called the Buzzz. The early reviews seem positive.

My condolences to your collection. Melted piles of goo just don't fly the same.

The new Roc is sadly still the Roc. Some foolish souls are gonna tell you to go get the MVP mids, and they are OK, but trust me they are no Roc. I hear the Legacy Ghost is alright too but I also hear that every color flies totally different sooo....yeah...

Mark Ellis said:
domromer said:

Dom

The rumor is that a new disc came out called the Buzzz. The early reviews seem positive.

My condolences to your collection. Melted piles of goo just don't fly the same.

I had a brief affair with the buzz, In the end I went back to the roc because I like the fact that the roc was slower and held a line a little better(for me). Also tried the comet. Fantastic disc but way too much glide.

Sounds like the roc is still the end all and be all. Might just go ahead an order a mess of them...I"ll miss all my tourney rocs. It was so funny. I'd play a tourney and end up getting some free discs. No body wanted the rocs and they'd trade me 3 to 1 for whatever Uber star driver was the flavor of the month.I had every damn variation of the roc you could ever think of. Oh well.

Don't order too many, they have fucked with the mold a bit here and there so ordering a ton without seeing them in person is ill-advised. You could end up with a ton of slanted rim Ranchos...not bad discs, but they just don't come off the hand quite right for me

i know most people on the site will disagree but the gateway scout is a great midrange. the e plastic is slightly overstable and the s is stable and beats in to a nice turnover mid.

Legacy Ghosts are the newest version of Roc. They're very similar to Rocs in shape and are molding up pretty nicely in a variety of plastics right now. No slanted rims or crazy domes or other problems showing up in those yet like they are in Rocs right now.

What lowracks said.

Sorry about your discs, Dom. I have a massive collection of DX Rocs (mostly Rancho) if that's what your after? I'll hook you up with a few for cheap if you want. Send me a PM. :)

Like Jessee B said the Roc mold has been changed and that sucks, the new mold doesn't work for me either.

I would definitely give the Obex a try. Predictable overstable, and due to the X-Link material, it parks where it hits. Sorry to hear about your collection, that's like losing a family member.

Latest posts