• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What's your favorite lid?

lines

Double Eagle Member
I love throwing lids.
I love polecats, and 'The' upshots.
I fell in love with a Makani the first time it was in my hand.
Nothing beats throwing a lid prior to a round to warm up.
What are your favorites? What am i missing?

I'll probably be the only one to say this. . . but;
I love the Birdie! And I actually bag one.

Like the Zephyr too

Zephyr/Condor only rounds are really fun for kicks and gigs. But it still feels so off to try to putt with a lid.

Zephyr/Condor only rounds are really fun for kicks and gigs. But it still feels so off to try to putt with a lid.

I can't putt with lids either. I have a couple, shallower Upshots I can use with a decent result. They are stamped 'hi-flex' and have a great feel. They are not as squirrelly as the deeper, stiffer Upshots.

I need a gopher.

Condor is not a lid. It's a big Roc.

Bag a Polecat, Upshot, or Zephyr.

Doggy Style is an awesome catch disc.

Condor is not a lid. It's a big Roc.

tenor.png

Claws and Polecat are great, I love the Dragon Claws as more stable lid. It is probably the best premium lid.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I guess I just am one. The Condor is just large diameter. It's not approved for Superclass. Technically Polecats and Birdies are lidlike golf discs so I'm wrong too. They just seem to get a pass because they have the traditional non-beveled lid wing.

And putting Zephyrs is an exercise in futility for me too. Most times it's just easier to lay up.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I guess I just am one. The Condor is just large diameter. It's not approved for Superclass. Technically Polecats and Birdies are lidlike golf discs so I'm wrong too. They just seem to get a pass because they have the traditional non-beveled lid wing.

And putting Zephyrs is an exercise in futility for me too. Most times it's just easier to lay up.

Not a jerk. We should probably be more accurate in our descriptions and use of the word lid.

I will agree with both of you though...putting with a Zephyr sucks. I always bring a traditional putter for Zephyr rounds.

Oh snap! You're right! I just had to check the PDGA approved disc excel. I thought Condor was a Superclass, but PDGA doesn't officially recognize it as any special classification. Hmm. Didn't realize. Thanks for the info. (not a jerk at all, you crazy southpaw) ;)

I use a Soft X Putt'r for upshots that I want to run....but also land right next to the basket. Very understable so it's great at airbounces and floaty nose up approaches. Extreme nose up on a more overstable lid will fade out if underpowered, but the Putt'r flies dead straight. Has the exact same shoulder as the Ultrastar (ultimate disc), but a chunkier rim.

Use to come in Z. Wish it still did....

I putt just fine with Zephyrs. But you have to switch up your stroke, for sure.

I love Zephyrs.

I absolutely love the Superhero from Hero Discs. The disc can handle lots of power and can shape lots of lines. I have about 10 I use for warming up and playing catch. I may buy more.

Latest posts