• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite midrange and why?!

I'm waiting to see which of the Wasp or Buzzz McBeth throws more before I make my decision. :|

I'm waiting to see which of the Wasp or Buzzz McBeth throws more before I make my decision. :|

I'm hoping the first one, but you should totally have him throw a Nebula. Obviously if anyone can get a disc put into production, its him.

I'm hoping the first one, but you should totally have him throw a Nebula. Obviously if anyone can get a disc put into production, its him.

Oh, I've pestered him on Twitter a few times about it already. ;)

DD Evidence. Because I can't predictably hyzer flip less stable mids for tunnels, and everything else fades out at the end too much. The dang thing just likes to go straight unless really ripped. Saves me lots of strokes in the woods. I must admit though, I don't really use mids much because of how far Pures and Envys go.

Glow Champ Roc3. It's going to go in the direction I was aiming.

Let's get some collectors to dust off their hoard of Nebulas and send him a few.

My Favorite is my Elite Z Buzzz. I've thrown some of my best shots with it and I feel like it powers down well. And it feels good in my hand.

I drive a lot with an Emac but like to try the Wasp or M2.

Rancho DX roc.. mild dome

Got many. One of my frequent field work routines is called 'roc clinic' with a big old pile going back and forth at chairs in various fields. In play, my roc work is most often 'niced' and can be a force in standstill conditions or with a complimentary dubs partner. For most 225-350 the Roc is first thing on my mind.

Cheap and easy acquire. Walmart got them. Can use as a loss risk disc. Low cost and ease of replacement makes it easy to give away or trade for a couple beverages
Lots of tourney stamped ones for pretty variety
Most every advanced player or a better has familiarity with the Roc
Cycling and carrying a couple in different states of wear for fine tuning
Plastic textures with play for grip (scuffs)
The complex wing gives options for solid points on contact, varied hand grips
Weight range 130s to 180

mace, truth, verdict, roc, roc3, md4.

verdict seems to be for long and more open. I lean towards kc flat top rocs for woodsy control shots. md4 is a lot of fun to throw. the old truth probably goes further than any mid I've thrown.

I've got that mid slot narrowed down only cause I can only carry a few in the bag between all the putters and driver options.

The glow comet is a blast to throw as evening turns into night.

Right now I'll say my favorite mid is the champion Roc3. I may not think the same way 5 years from now, but I'm digging the Roc3. It won't flip even on hard rips. Just a mellow flying disc that is very easy to put on target consistently. I feel like I've stepped up my midrange game noticeably since adding it to the bag.

I like the champion plastic too. I don't want the disc changing flight and getting flippy. If I decide I need a flippy mid I'll add a different mold to the bag.

Does the Justice count if I've never once thrown it backhand? That thing has Firebird HSS and I can lay into a forehand as hard as I want.

For an actual midrange intended to be thrown backhand, it really doesn't matter for me if it's a Z Buzzz, color glow MD3, cg Chariot, or Star Roc3. They all fly just about the same for me.

I would have to say the MD3. You can throw lines with them as they are not too stable and will not just turn over either. P-lines are my favorite as they start off very neutral with a little stability at the end and as you break them in you create a beautiful turnover or hyzerflip flight path that does not have to be forced. I feel as if a player at any level can benefit from an MD3.

My favorite is either a DX Condor or my Origio Tursas. I have a hard time choosing which because they're both just so accurate for me. I don't have any aces yet but I have come very close with both of these discs.

Roc and Roc3. I like the dx roc3, beats in to turn overs quick. KC pro for any line. Champ roc for throwing as hard as I can. And champ roc3 for that good hook up. I'm getting some MD4s to test out. Excited to try something new.

I am wondering is there currently made disc that is a Wasp like winged disc with a Domy Comet or Shark like top on it or say a beaded disc like a Shark mold with the dome that it? that would make for an interesting disc. Now I know there is a Comet but the disc is not quite a Shark rim as the Comet rim is skinnier, I could use that mold but the rim is not 100% comfortable in the hand. Just wondering to see if a more OS version of the Shark is out there. Disc Can be from any company, except the MVP/Axiom as I have never liked how the discs feel in the hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts