• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] When did FR Destroyers start costing $130???

pineappletrees

Eagle Member
I bought a couple last spring for $40-$50 then took a break from DG over the winter and now they're 3x's that price?? What the hell happened?

Because there are less of them now then last year.

Last summer lightly used ones were up to $60-$75. So if you saw new ones for $40-$50 those were on the cheap side.

Rule of thumb: a disc is only worth as many dollars as it will increase your player rating.
If throwing a FR destroyer increases your rating by 130, I suppose it'd be worth $130.
I doubt any single disc will change my rating by more than 10-20 ratinig points at best (a stroke or two), so that's what I pay for discs.

Last edited:
Because there are less of them now then last year.

Last summer lightly used ones were up to $60-$75. So if you saw new ones for $40-$50 those were on the cheap side.

No he's right, 1st Run *D Destroyers were running $50-60ish new for the last 2-3 years. Between last summer and now, the price has skyrocketed.

I have three new ones. Didn't know they were going for this much but will be putting them up for sale soon.

As an economic principle something is worth what someone will pay for it.

Also, this thread will probably get a TON of views because on the home page it is cut off and says "When did FR Destroyers start costing $13..." I want a FR destroyer for $13..................

Also, this thread will probably get a TON of views because on the home page it is cut off and says "When did FR Destroyers start costing $13..." I want a FR destroyer for $13..................

You must be looking at the forum from a phone or something similar. Otherwise the whole topic line should be visible.

Facebook happened

No joke, thanks to Facebook, I made a ton of cash on people who probably have no idea throwing a Destroyer, let alone forking out 100 + for normal color/stamp combos. The real question is, when are they going to reach the status that Nightshift (insert any disc here) has reached. That is just ridiculous.

Buddy of mine just sold a new first run Destroyer for $160. Nothing special about it, just a blue with silver stamp. Blew my mind. The buyer OFFERED that price to him, this wasn't an auction or anything.

Rule of thumb: a disc is only worth as many dollars as it will increase your player rating.
If throwing a FR destroyer increases your rating by 130, I suppose it'd be worth $130.
I doubt any single disc will change my rating by more than 10-20 ratinig points at best (a stroke or two), so that's what I pay for discs.

Especially if you lose it.

Buddy of mine just sold a new first run Destroyer for $160. Nothing special about it, just a blue with silver stamp. Blew my mind. The buyer OFFERED that price to him, this wasn't an auction or anything.

I hope that kid was very underwhelmed when he got that disc in the mail.

I was just talking to a buddy about THE 130.00 destroyer earlier. I had one about 8 months ago and I couldnt get 70 out of it. Ended up trading it for a 3rd Run CE Valk (which I love). I kept from posting "good luck". But wow....facebook really has killed disc values.

Latest posts