• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

Ratings are like a$$holes, everyone has one. Seriously though, your opinion/rating of a course may not match mine. Players consider different things when they rate a course. Someone might give a low rating because it is a 'pay to play' course, whereas I don't care about that as long as the price I'm paying is reasonable. Some people might rate a course poorly because it is too open and they prefer a wooded course....or they don't like OB and there's a bunch of it. Also, my playing ability is different than others, so what people might think is a too short or easy course might be enjoyable for me. So, ratings of disc golf courses mean nothing to me.

An example: Paseo Vista Recreation Area in Arizona has a 3.5 rating. The Red Mountain North course is rated 3. I much prefer Red Mountain North. PVRA is gimmicky and has very tight fairways if you play the intended OB (the tee signs don't show any OB and are worn out, barely readable). PVRA is still a fun course and I do enjoy playing it to work on my accuracy (there are two huge circular mandos that make it kind of interesting)....it also has two highly elevated baskets with concrete blocks to help with retrieving discs. 3.5 rating....maybe 2.5 for me. RMN - tight lines, not a bunch of OB, I wouldn't call it gimmicky....I really enjoy it for working on my strategy, consistency, and accuracy - I would rate it a 4.

So, rating mean nothing to me as far as courses go, players like different things and that is okay, but it doesn't help me with choosing a course to play.

This IS what I want from a review.

I'm arrogant enough to think I can read between the lines in reviews, so when I read them I get useful info regardless of what the reviewer says.

Number of reviews matters. The course stats matter. Location matters.

If I were a 5 course per day bagger I might have a different perspective, but DGCR is a trusted resource IMO for courses I want to play.

Nearly 100,000 members, but less than 100 members who are active users at any given time.
What's up with that ?

5000 members was the sweet spot. 10,000 members was good. after that is was simply impossible to keep up with any conversation or remember who actually knew what they were talking about.

OWED TO THE SPELL CHEQUER

I have a spelling chequer--

It came with my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,

Your sure reel glad to no,

It's vary polished in it's weigh,

My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless sing,

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

To rite with care is quite a feet,

Of witch won should be proud.

And wee mussed dew the best wee can,

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

And now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare,

Their are know faults with in my cite,

Of none eye am a wear.

Each frays come posed up on my screen,

Eye trussed to be a joule

The chequer poured o're every word

To cheque some spelling rule.

That's why aye brake in two averse

By righting wants too pleas,

Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear for pea seas!

Serious question, would/do you really use uDisc to find new courses and plan a road trip? Aren't the reviews practically meaningless over there? :confused:

That's where I really like this site. Seeing that full map, turning off courses played, etc.

But to be fair...I'm a complete course whore. I go somewhere and play #themall. BUT I will say...Udisc pushed directions to maps tend to be more reliable. Also, course maps are such an incredible timesaver when bagging courses that I don't even open DGCR for scoring anymore.

Does that have anything to do with that darn Kia commercial....?

Aaaaiiiiiyeeeeee!

Personally I get excited about

Hoiiiiiii Sin!!!!

And a few others that I don't recall it this exact moment

For years, whenever I saw a Kia, the Chia Pet jingle would run through my head:
Ka Ka Ka Kia
The subcompact that blows

Then they started making cars other than econo boxes and it didn't fit so well.

OWED TO THE SPELL CHEQUER

I have a spelling chequer--

It came with my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,

Your sure reel glad to no,

It's vary polished in it's weigh,

My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless sing,

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

To rite with care is quite a feet,

Of witch won should be proud.

And wee mussed dew the best wee can,

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

And now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare,

Their are know faults with in my cite,

Of none eye am a wear.

Each frays come posed up on my screen,

Eye trussed to be a joule

The chequer poured o're every word

To cheque some spelling rule.

That's why aye brake in two averse

By righting wants too pleas,

Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear for pea seas!

I LOVE this. I used to carry copies of this (or one very similar) when I did substitute teaching. If the teacher did not leave an activity, I'd pull this out and have the students edit the poem.

This was one of my fallback exercises for substituting : I'd give them the word "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaneosises", and ask them to tell me what it is. And, yeah, it's not in anything other than a medical dictionary. :p

Of course, this was before the internet. :(

Last edited:
This was one of my fallback exercises for substituting : I'd give them the word "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaneosises", and ask them to tell me what it is. And, yeah, it's not in anything other than a medical dictionary. :p

Of course, this was before the internet. :(

We had pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanconiosis as a spelling word in 5th grade. :D

We had an outbreak of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaneosises in the 5th grade!

Lol....it is sometimes used in medical terminology classes, as an example of Latin prefix/suffix word building. Occasionally this curriculum has exercises on dissecting large medical terms, to determine their meaning.

*Crap...i almost typed there, instead of their. :doh:

I fully support child labor laws...

I think every child should work.

;)

That's where I really like this site. Seeing that full map, turning off courses played, etc.

But to be fair...I'm a complete course whore. I go somewhere and play #themall. BUT I will say...Udisc pushed directions to maps tend to be more reliable. Also, course maps are such an incredible timesaver when bagging courses that I don't even open DGCR for scoring anymore.

What mall has a disc golf course?