• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where's the hole in my bag?

tt6g72vr4

So I recently stepped up to the Innova deluxe bag and found that I have alot of empty space to be filled... :) what ever shall I fill it with?

Am currently using-
DX Firebird (newish)
DX Firebird (experienced) if I can get it back from the ice covered pond and the Robert Morris staff doesn't stop me
DX Wraith (new)
DX Wraith (experienced)
DX Teebird (experienced)
DX Leopard (experienced)
DX Roc (new)
DX Roc (beat)
3x DX Aviar (in various stages of experience)
Pro Rhyno (new)
Quick note: All drivers are 150 class, Putters and Rocs are around 175. Can throw the Wraiths' just beyond 400' to give an idea of my power level. I also don't throw/know a bunch of trick shots, mostly just throw back/forehand

I think I would like to get an additional Teebird, Roc, and more Rhynos (am really digging this disc) for a more varied state of wear/flippiness. Are there any other molds I should consider picking up to fill a gap somewhere?
When I get back out to the course after the snow melt I will have a better idea, but until then it's something to dream about. Thanks for any input in advance.

Archangel, Stingray, Gator, Lat 64 Vision or the Monarch.

Looks like you have gaps in understable drivers and over/understable mids....just my 2 cents...

So I recently stepped up to the Innova deluxe bag and found that I have alot of empty space to be filled... :) what ever shall I fill it with?

Am currently using-
DX Firebird (newish)
DX Firebird (experienced) if I can get it back from the ice covered pond and the Robert Morris staff doesn't stop me
DX Wraith (new)
DX Wraith (experienced)
DX Teebird (experienced)
DX Leopard (experienced)
DX Roc (new)
DX Roc (beat)
Pro Rhyno (new)
Quick note: All drivers are 150 class, Putters and Rocs are around 175. Can throw the Wraiths' just beyond 400' to give an idea of my power level. I also don't throw/know a bunch of trick shots, mostly just throw back/forehand

I think I would like to get an additional Teebird, Roc, and more Rhynos (am really digging this disc) for a more varied state of wear/flippiness. Are there any other molds I should consider picking up to fill a gap somewhere?
When I get back out to the course after the snow melt I will have a better idea, but until then it's something to dream about. Thanks for any input in advance.

If you can throw wraiths about 400 ft you might be ready to try a 150 destroyer or even a 150 boss or R pro boss.

The second teebird might be nice as well.

what disc(s) do you use to throw hyzers? Distance? Anhyzers?

Sweet, I learned to play at Robert Morris park. I'm thinking those 150 drivers would get murdered by the winds out there...I once threw an Orc on hole 11 during a tournament with a crosswind and it ended up parking one of the practice baskets:doh:. It was 173. I would start learning to throw some heavier drivers.

Looks like with all the 150 class discs, that the discs are fairly "flippy." I would personally look at a little heavier discs for windy days and what not. Maybe get like a 170 pro wraith.... or a 168-9 valk.....Might also look at a heavier overstable disc.

The 150 discs are definately wind food, but my technique is still faulty enough where I don't want to sacrifice the distance gain I get from them. I also have a slight build- 6'1" 140lbs. The technique problem is probably best addressed in a entirely different thread and worked out this summer anyhow. Wraith's are for distance, both anny and hyzer. Firebird for windy distance(sometimes?) and bigger hyzers. Teebird all purpose straight, shorter shots. Leopard in all honesty I don't throw that often. I bought it to be my anny fairway disc but it turnsover very easily. Maybe heavier weight/upgrade plastic is in order there. Roc's are rocs, and do what they do (rock out with there little c*cks out), no explanation needed I think.
I think I'm liking the suggestion of the Boss and/or Destroyer, but won't they in effect replace the Wraith's (not that I wouldn't part with them if the other options are more productive). Or what about a banshee for a wind fighting disc in the Teebird or Leopard range?
@discspeed-#11 and #12, hell most of the back nine, are ridic in the wind
@mambrose-only throw innova because when i go pro i want to rake in the big bucks from the sponsorship and endorsement deals of course. lol j/k

Get an overstable mid. If Innova is all you're throwing (mistake!) try a gator or KC pro Roc.

Am currently using-
DX Firebird (newish)
DX Wraith (new)
DX Wraith (experienced)
DX Teebird (experienced)
DX Leopard (experienced)
DX Roc (new)
DX Roc (beat)
Pro Rhyno (new)

I dont see a hole in your bag. With what you have there you should have every shot you need covered. If there is a spot in your game where you want a more specialized shot then you should check something out but honestly every shot you want you have covered.

I "personally" like having a overstable disc in max distance (destroyer) but you certainly dont need it if what you have is working for you.

If it were me, I'd like a workable fairway driver with more fade than the Leopard or Teebird. If you like the low end plastics the D Cyclone, DX Gazelle and DX Eagle are all really good.

Othewise it's a pretty solid bag. I'd just work on beating in more discs.

If you're having trouble finding the hole in your bag, just roll it in some flour and look for the wet spot.

Anny disc? If you liked it before I'd definitely check out a heavier Leopard, maybe an Avenger SS in a similar weight (I like Z plastic), they won't help in the wind though. 150 Eagle's are pretty sweet, more stable than Teebird but less than Firebird.

Looks like I will be putting an order in for another teebird, gator, and I'm still torn on the destroyer/boss(maybe both). I actually have an eagle I found on the course that is very beat, and by beat I mean it looks like it got in a fight with a lawn mower...chucked it a few times and it just turned over and never came back. Might have to reinvestigate with some new plastic.
Thanks for the help.
Is anybody else done with winter/snow? *sigh* I need to move south.

try a 170 ish buzzz. it is a great stright flyer that will improve you technique.
trust me. it punishes bad throws.