• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Baskets do you shoot better on

Which Basket do you score best on

• Total voters
like the discatcher but have had ocastions of banking off the top where as havent had that problem with the mach series

^According to Innova, that is not so much a 'problem' as a 'favor.' Apparently, that 4" ring around the top makes the top of the basket higher than the mach series. Where a disc of yours bounced off the ring with a DisCatcher, it would have flown over the basket with a mach series. This theoretically keeps your disc closer to the basket with a bad throw.

Then again, a ton of people say the colored band screws with their aim. So who knows.

^According to Innova, that is not so much a 'problem' as a 'favor.' Apparently, that 4" ring around the top makes the top of the basket higher than the mach series. Where a disc of yours bounced off the ring with a DisCatcher, it would have flown over the basket with a mach series. This theoretically keeps your disc closer to the basket with a bad throw.

Then again, a ton of people say the colored band screws with their aim. So who knows.

I totally agree with this. I tend to find myself tossing discs over a Mach style basket, while not having that problem with a Disccatcher. Also, I prefer the big colored band...makes the target visible from far out. Allows me to focus on the chains when closer in (I guess it just makes me super aware of the max heighth I can throw before not hitting chains.)

Gateway Titan is the most efficient & consistent disc entrapment device out there. Period.

where have you played on those? perhaps if someone else made them i would consider them a useful target. period.
Titans are kinda like the Spiderwebs in that so few people have actually shot on them, they become somewhat more myth than fact. I'm not exactly sure why GDS does not try to sell them. They are more of a "McCormack design" perk than anything. Because of that, then tend to be around St. Louis and not a lot of other places.

My favorite basket is whichever one I'm shooting at. Seriously, I lived an hour away from a basket course for eight years. The course that went in near me has DISCatcher Sports, which are way down on the list of good catching baskets. I'm just tickled pink to have them.

I like discatchers way better. I think the yellow band helps my aim. Think about it.
However, that makes me see how people would like Machs with the orange center.

3578490141_1ba2c99ff7.jpg

:clap::clap:

I have a discatcher sport at home that I added 18 additional chains to. That catches better than anything I've putted on. It won't let "good" putts miss. If you hit off-center, the putt still will not stick.

The best I've seen on an actual course are the Discatchers by far. The mach series stink! The Titan looks like it would catch well, but I've never putt on one before.