• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

Greg's Hosfeld tag name is (The Miniac) he lists 344 courses played on DGCR, but claims to have played over a 1000.

I haven't throw with anyone who claims even over 500 courses.
GMcAtee has the most played for who ive thrown with. Mr Butlertron and Thrembo are also way up there

Last edited:
Sorry to say that Donny Olow passed away in December 2015.

Sorry to learn that.

Somebody from San Diego named Donny visited our course, thousands of miles from his home, and gave me a Morley Field stamped disc for showing him around. My best guess since then was that it was this Donny. I'll keep assuming that, and treasure the disc a little more.

I keep track DGCR members I've played with & met on my profile (linked in my sig). Valkyrie Kid's bagged more courses than anyone else I've actually played rounds with, followed by Tall Paul, but I've met Martin and talked to Ben Calhoun at the Throw Shop just this last weekend.

well I plan to surpass 900 courses played this year and hit a thousand in 2019 if all goes well. Its tough though. DGCR says there are only 7 courses in a 500 mile radius of me that I haven't played. I guess that means I need around 4 big trips over the next two years to complete my goal of playing a thousand courses by 2020 and all lower 48 states. Im skipping Europe this summer instead to go spend 10 days playing golf and traveling with the family in the Wisconsin/Minnesota/Michigan area. I probably should look into playing with more golfers on here to. So maybe some road trip threads will be coming soon.

When a new course opens up around here, Valkyrie Kid and I contact each other to go and bag it. To be clear, I love playing new courses, but I'm not really a course bagger per se. Since he's more or less local here, as soon as he gets back from his current Florida trip we'll be playing this one. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9464

Danhyzer contacted me a few years ago asking if I would show him around our local courses, but his trip fell through last minute. He tried again and did make it up here last summer, and I met him at the Rainshadow course. Those are the 2 (known) guys on the list I've played rounds with. Both great guys passionate about disc golf, obviously. It's fun to talk about courses with them.

I have played with Deke Guff, Avery, Martin Dewgarita and Hosfeld at various times over the years. Had a nice convo with Danhyzer at HH but didn't actually play with him. Pretty sure Tall Paul passed through HH but I missed him.

Not sure Ben Calhoun or Gregg Hosfeld are in that list.

This is only for members that have marked their courses played. Ben's course count is the same as the day that I joined. Dude doesn't care about recognition etc. Don't know about Greg.

Much of Hosfeld's list was accomplished pre-DGCR. I doubt he's particularly interested in entering it here.

I've played with a lot of people, but I'm really bad at remembering. I used to keep a running list of DGCR members met, I stopped keeping track around 100, and that was several hundred ago...

I have played with Deke Guff, Avery, Martin Dewgarita and Hosfeld at various times over the years. Had a nice convo with Danhyzer at HH but didn't actually play with him. Pretty sure Tall Paul passed through HH but I missed him.

A buddy and I had a quick conversation with you; but, you had farmin' stuff to do that day.

i guess i haven't been on this site long enough to know the back story teh_wood.

i've run into a few +75 DGCR baggers completely randomly to know that if his stats are real, someone on here should have run into him.

Real or imaginary round? ;):D

i guess i haven't been on this site long enough to know the back story teh_wood.

i've run into a few +75 DGCR baggers completely randomly to know that if his stats are real, someone on here should have run into him.

There was a thread in here a few years ago and the consensus was his stats on courses played were a bit dubious.

There was a thread in here a few years ago and the consensus was his stats on courses played were a bit dubious.

I'm pretty sure the thread you're referring to is THIS thread. You just have to read back far enough.
I would link it but self referential threads could create a sequential vortex resulting in a black hole of sorts. :/

has anyone thrown with Teh_wood?

If he is who I remember he is from that thread, he's been at some of the same weeklies as I have been, but we were not carded together. I've no doubt he's played a lot of courses, but I also doubt he could remember which ones they were (or how many) with any level of accuracy.

Here's an idea: Don't fake it actually play the courses! It is much more fun to actually play the courses than list them on DGCR!

Of the guys on the top page of Courses played. I've Played with Lion, TallPaul, MartinDewgarita, Mashnut, Harro, Avery and Deke

Latest posts