• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which mini discs will hold dye the best?

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
My son and I have played a few courses and we wanna take a page from ball golf. We would like to dye a name or design on a mini for each course we have played to hang in our craft room. Kinda like the ball golfers and the balls with the course name.

What do you think of this idea and which mini, if any, would work the best for this?

And would this be easier with hotstamping material?

The regular Innova minis do not take dye well at all.
Champ plastic minis do well, but they are a little pricey.

Not sure @ the hot stamp idea. Would like to hear from you, or anyone else, @ this.

innova's mini driver takes dye pretty good. just put the heat down a little more because if you have it to hot the mini will peel a little bit.

My friend got a mini driver yesterday, and it feels like star plastic.. I would think it would hold dye well.

There are star minis. What you should do is find a bunch of joes that want the same courses as you and order from Little flyer and get the hot-stamps done.

What a cool idea and a great activity with your son!

I love dying discs, but for this, I may consider getting a set of colorful Sharpies and trying my hand at that.

I'd say order the minimum 100 from littleflyer.com with a custom hotstamp that leaves room in the center to draw/write something custom for each course, like you and your son's names.

Latest posts