• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which round is better?

Which round is better?

• Par - Par

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Birdie - Boogie

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters
You got to break a couple eggs to make a birdie omelet. Playing it safe won't beat good players

I gotta go with the latter. Any time you can birdie a hole and then boogie the next one is a party.

Oh, you meant bogey... uhh... it's a wash...

Last edited:
par-par because it means i didn't **** up as bad as the other round. keep it on even keel.

not getting bogeys is how you get better. if your score isn't going up then you are beating a lot of people because you are more consistent. birdies will come as they will.

that said, my playstyle revolves around going for it 70% of the time. if i get too many pars where i should've gotten birds i start to feel pressure like i'd gotten a bogey, so i feel this poll is a little limited.

Last edited:
I chose par-par but it's more likely bogey-birdie for me. A newer player, I don't always lay it up like I should to save par, and usually end up throwing some stupidly blind shot in to the rough that makes for a follow up shot either blindly at the basket or just to get back out on the fairway. I always tell myself to take the easier shots and play it safe but usually after my first tee, it's all about seeing what I can push myself to do instead of trying to improve my overall score.

Par - Par means I didn't make a mistake, I just didn't capitalize on a couple of chances. Birdie - Bogey means I messed up. Sadly I have to choose Par - Par based on that, even if HUB's story is true. Now I just have to figure out how to go Birdie - Par and eventually Birdie - Birdie and I am set. Eliminate the mistaks before you take too many chances.

Neither (or if you're the optimistic type both). Your score for both rounds is exactly the same. In either scenario, there will be a sense that you could have better.

If this means I tossed a 3 on a legit course par 4, and then a 4 on a legit course par 5... birdie - bogey !, everything is a 3

Totally depends on the holes. If it's two short birdie holes, par par is worse IMO. It also depends on how you got the bogie.

Bird - bogie means that at least you achieved birdie on half of the holes. The bogie can always be unlucky.

par - par means that you either ****ed up the put or didnt park the drive on BOTH holes in a row. That feels bad.

I guess par par is worse IMO.

If a tree falls in the woods it must of hit the OP in the head.

sorry.. my mind is tearing apart at concepts and going confusing places.

meh. just say 2,3,4,5.. too much thinky

I just played two rounds today, and had PAR the WHOLE Round. I missed several birdie putts, and it was extremely frustrating. I circled back to one, telling myself I would stop when I got a birdie. Ended up hitting All pars AGAIN! So frustrating.
Logically, all pars is a good thing, but I would have rather hit 0 with birdies and bogies.
Maybe I'm just dumb. And I suck. I easily could have had a -5/8

I just played two rounds today, and had PAR the WHOLE Round. I missed several birdie putts, and it was extremely frustrating. I circled back to one, telling myself I would stop when I got a birdie. Ended up hitting All pars AGAIN! So frustrating.
Logically, all pars is a good thing, but I would have rather hit 0 with birdies and bogies.
Maybe I'm just dumb. And I suck. I easily could have had a -5/8

This is where it is for me. Not having a birdie when I KNOW I can hit the shot is way more frustrating than hitting a bogey or two on some of the tougher holes. I have a short 9 hole course close to my house, very few trees and the longest hole is probably less than 330' (uphill though). I have hit par for the course several times, but there's always a level of frustration when I did it leaving a couple birds on the course. Just the other day I was driving well, but putting terribly, missed 2 out of 3 birdie opportunities and missed an easy par putt. Decent score, bad game IMO.