• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is going to 2012 Bowling Green Am Championships.

Against my better judgement Ive entered this event, C pool. My goal is to finish the event in one piece and have fun.

you will definitely have fun and should be able to finish so looks like its gonna be mission accomplished...

Originally Posted by reggaB View Post
"Who are the guys to watch for?

Advanced...
Daniel Allgeier

Advanced Masters...
Mike Bose

Rec ....
Gonnagal and jaybob

Inter ....

We have a group of Advanced Masters thinking about making the trip and out of the three of us coming I think two would be in the top 10."

Advanced : Don't know any of these guys so lean towards the high rating from strong DG area - Scott Vaughn
Adv Masters : Gary Suarez is tough but lookout for James Nichols (just joined PDGA but has been playing for years and has a solid game with the distance for Phil Moore)
Intermediate : Adam Drake (930+ and Nashville is close so he should know the courses a little)
Rec : Stephen Moore - Been having some good rounds lately

I just started playing last year but felt like I've improved a lot. I've been trying to play at all the local tourneys around St Louis Area and placing in top 25% in the last few in the Intermediate divisions. I can't judge how good I am yet so I'm guessing if I did play would I want to sign up for Rec? Any suggestions?

Advanced : Don't know any of these guys so lean towards the high rating from strong DG area - Scott Vaughn
Adv Masters : Gary Suarez is tough but lookout for James Nichols (just joined PDGA but has been playing for years and has a solid game with the distance for Phil Moore)
Intermediate : Adam Drake (930+ and Nashville is close so he should know the courses a little)
Rec : Stephen Moore - Been having some good rounds lately[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about Gary Suarez.

PDGA shows him as taking cash ($15) in a Pro event.

Does this not change you from an Amateur to a Pro?

Or did the TD make a mistake?

Some fellow Wisconsinites and I are hoping to make some noise in Intermediate. I've been averaging 940 golf the last couple tournaments, but will need to shoot much better than that to rise out of the pack in the 910-915 range. I'm hoping the extra rounds during the mild winter pay off.

Doesn't matter at Bowling Green as long as his rating is <970.

Rec : Stephen Moore - Been having some good rounds lately

Or did the TD make a mistake?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter at Bowling Green as long as his rating is <970.

Or did the TD make a mistake?
[/QUOTE]

WRONG!

You can play Advanced if your rating is <970

to play Advanced Masters, your rating has to be <935

2.4 Pros Playing Am
A. Pros rated less than 970 may now compete in Amateur divisions offered at PDGA A, B, and C Tier events, for which they qualify based on player rating, age, and sex.

(1) Pro Men and Women
< 970 can play Advanced (MA1)
< 935 can play Intermediate (MA2)
< 900 can play Recreational (MA3)
< 850 can play Novice (MA4)

< 935 can also play Advanced Master (MM1) if they are of Masters age
< 900 can also play Advanced Grandmaster (MG1) if they are of Grandmasters age

Last edited:
Good call. I didn't pay attention to the details!

WRONG!

You can play Advanced if your rating is <970

to play Advanced Masters, your rating has to be <935

2.4 Pros Playing Am
A. Pros rated less than 970 may now compete in Amateur divisions offered at PDGA A, B, and C Tier events, for which they qualify based on player rating, age, and sex.

(1) Pro Men and Women
< 970 can play Advanced (MA1)
< 935 can play Intermediate (MA2)
< 900 can play Recreational (MA3)
< 850 can play Novice (MA4)

< 935 can also play Advanced Master (MM1) if they are of Masters age
< 900 can also play Advanced Grandmaster (MG1) if they are of Grandmasters age

Latest posts