• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Why are 2 ring San Marino Aviar's *special*, and is this one of them? (pic)

XCyclone

Double Eagle Member
8931622010_cd81e8ea2f_z.jpg

So I'm making a "I don't give a s--t about these discs bag" for the toboggan run, and was going to add this aviar to the mix, but I wasn't sure if it was full of specialness or not. No bead, but it has san marino tooling, and what appears to be rings around the center.

Aviar knowledge is not my strong point, plz help.

they are older mold san marinos and are usually small bead. the current mold, or www. mold, are beadless and not as desirable. these only bring 10-15 usually so it's not a gold mine disc for sure.

Wasn't really thinking about this being a gold mine, just wondering if I should give it a chance before it becomes insane schule fodder.

Is that a what people are referring to "double ring" in the picture? Also, there's no www engraving.

Ok so let me piggy back on this question... I got 3 KC Pro Aviars when I first started playing in 08 but due to confidence issues I wiped the stamps off of them. Now I am trying to get more like the putters I have but I have yet to find one.

It has the www. tooling and is a harder plastic...some even say it has a waxy feeling. Either way does anyone know what mold it is, 11X 12X etc

Thanks.

Ok so let me piggy back on this question... I got 3 KC Pro Aviars when I first started playing in 08 but due to confidence issues I wiped the stamps off of them. Now I am trying to get more like the putters I have but I have yet to find one.

It has the www. tooling and is a harder plastic...some even say it has a waxy feeling. Either way does anyone know what mold it is, 11X 12X etc

Thanks.

Climo won his 12th worlds in 2006. I'm not sure how long till they started making the 12x ones but if I had to guess that is what you have, though 11x still might have been floating around. If it was like the Rocs there is also a run of no-times somewhere in there as well.

Climo won his 12th worlds in 2006. I'm not sure how long till they started making the 12x ones but if I had to guess that is what you have, though 11x still might have been floating around. If it was like the Rocs there is also a run of no-times somewhere in there as well.

yeah, i'd say 12x or maybe no-time. but don't think any 11x were www. tooling, so rule that out.

Thanks.

sounds like a no flight numbers 12x... I LOVE the San Marino 12x KC Pro Aviars and those sound like what you have but of couse those wouldnt have the www. but heard they are similar to the pre flight numbers... i know there is someone on here who looks for them on the marketplace if i can think of his name ill let you know

:thmbup: this

Latest posts