• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why cant disk golf be my real job?

Look guys, not everyone has well paying jobs.
If your glass ceiling is fry cook at mcdonalds then maybe a mix of collecting bottles, fishin for discs then selling them, selectivly selecting holes to join on then calling 51 or smart dirty dollar play, side bets, caddying, and sandbagging could suffice.

I think it is because your name is Phillip. "Phillip, the professional disc golfer," see it doesn't sound right does it? You'll have to change it to something like, Huk Discripper.

I think it is because your name is Phillip. "Phillip, the professional disc golfer," see it doesn't sound right does it? You'll have to change it to something like, Huk Discripper.

Max powers would be a good dg name. There's a guy around here named Stryker that used to run leagues around here.

Get sponsored or get in good at leagues.
On a side note, I always wondered what the factory job pays

I went to the plant last year. Found some kids wallet and college ID in the parking lot and returned it. By the looks of it, he doesn't get paid much.. but he sure was happy.

I'd love to travel the country teaching high school age kids how to play disc golf. perhaps it could be a field trip for Gym Class.

I imagine I'd work for one of the companies, discraft or whatnot, and promote their discs and the game of golf.

teach the game to kids 4 or 5 days a week, getting in a round or so every day. free time to play more on the weekends. constant fresh plastic and freebies.

Where do I need to submit my resume?

You could make a job of selling disc golf equipment. Or open a private course and see if you could make a living that way. The folks at Marshall Street did both. :)

Go to San Diego, lease some property, open a competing Disc Golf course and you'd be set on easy street as San Diego has more golfers than Morley can handle.

The weather is perfect year round, so there will be no down season. If anyone wants to loan me a couple hundred K to get started I'd hook you up with free passes!

Go to San Diego, lease some property, open a competing Disc Golf course and you'd be set on easy street as San Diego has more golfers than Morley can handle.

The weather is perfect year round, so there will be no down season. If anyone wants to loan me a couple hundred K to get started I'd hook you up with free passes!

Kwick, How are Emerald Isle and Sun Valley doing with Pay to play? I'd really like to know... sounds like it could be a good idea. I'm not trying to make a living on DG..now, but it'd be cool if it did happen.

Kwick, How are Emerald Isle and Sun Valley doing with Pay to play? I'd really like to know... sounds like it could be a good idea. I'm not trying to make a living on DG..now, but it'd be cool if it did happen.

Seven and five dollars respectively of I remember correctly.

well i am who i am and changing my name is a no go however like the idea to open a campsite with a couple of parks and only charge for camping

who are the 4 greatest discgolfcoursereviewers of all time? Think about it.

VictorB, VictorB, VictorB, and VictorB

because I spit hot fire

I'd love to travel the country teaching high school age kids how to play disc golf. perhaps it could be a field trip for Gym Class.

I imagine I'd work for one of the companies, discraft or whatnot, and promote their discs and the game of golf.

teach the game to kids 4 or 5 days a week, getting in a round or so every day. free time to play more on the weekends. constant fresh plastic and freebies.

Where do I need to submit my resume?

Jay & Des Reading do this. The E.D.G.E. program

Emerald Isle and Sun Valley are both outside of San Diego (oceanside and La Mesa respectiveley). I have not played either yet. From what I hear Snapper is doing his best to keep Morley as the only course in San Diego.

I have heard Emerald Isle is a great course to play (obviously on a ball golf course, which is an experience I would like to try, although I imagine I would prefer a normal course for regular play).

I heard some casual DG'ers were doing doghnuts on the greens and may have ruined cart rental for DG'ers which would serious hurt my interest in playing there (although someone said PDGA members can still rent, so you may want to call ahead)

I don't know much about Sun Valley other than what I read here, although it does have a 3 disc average right now.

I would want a course in San Diego, 18 holes (not sure if Sun Valley has plans or space to expand), fully stocked pro shop, cheap pay to play (similar to Morely), rotating baskets, top notch amenities, league play, weekly doubles, PDGA tournies, ace races, etc. Essentially I'd want a course similiar to Morley, except more space (Morley is a very dangerous course), and hopefully not as crowded with two excellent 18 hole course in the area

I've never heard of Whatnot brand? What models do they make? ;)

Whatnot makes "average discs for average joes"

Blowthrough putter

MonkeyPaw is their distance driver

Instead of fairway drivers they have fairly short drivers

Also having some trademark issues with "the Rock" and "the bUzZZ"

Latest posts