• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Workday Tomorrow - Help Needed New Austin TX DG Course in Development

milow369

Birdie Member
For those looking to bank some good karma

Workday tomorrow 7am - Noon (and next Saturday). Full Details below. I am jonesing to play a round but I am going to be there tomorrow chainsaw in hand.

Some interesting details below - taken from a club email.

From HouckDesign:

The Austin Ridge Bible Church at Bee Cave and Cuernavaca is looking for volunteers to help clear Austin's newest 18-hole gem. Anyone who can handle a chainsaw or otherwise help is invited! The ARBC has decided to open their beautiful property to the public, and disc golf will be one of several amenities. Course Designer John Houck says, "This property is amazing, and players are going to LOVE this course. It has hills, ravines, big trees, a pond... I'm very excited about it." Right now the property is solid with cedars, so ARBC need as many volunteers as we can get to pitch in on this labor of love.

The crew will be there from 7:00 am until noon the next three Saturdays. Please RSVP so they can have lunch ready for you. Contact Allen Shannon at 636-3105 or [email protected] Looking for help August 15th, 22nd, and 29th.

And from Judson… (about the work day they held last Saturday, Aug 8th)

There were about ten people out there this morning many of which I never got to see because the course is so big and woodsy. I could hear other chainsaws in the distance so I know they were there.

The church is real easy to find. head west on bee caves rd past 360 and take a right on cuernavaca. The church is on the corner and the first right after the church is a road that takes you tho the parking lot for the course.

From Judon prior to this workday (back in July):

I helped out on another emerging church course today on bee caves rd. They want to open this new course in september but I think they are gonna need some help to do it. This is a much larger course on about 80 acres of hill country. Think park hill meets back 50 meets rivery meets mclain. This course has to potential to be as good or better than any course in the austin area.

We are almost there with this course. The gates have been open for the last three days and it is getting some good traffic numbers. I have noticed that some people have been leaving trash around the course. Please stop that. There are trash cans at every three holes. The signs are being made and should be up in the next week or so. There is still some brush to be dragged out for chipping, but all the cutting is done, and the baskets are in. There is an automatic gate opener on its way and that was what the church was waiting on to open the course. The gate was left open for 15 minutes the other day and cars crept in before it could get shut. Rather than locking them in they left the gate open and averaged 10 to 15 cars in the lot all day. I don't know if the church will keep leaving the gate open everyday before the official opening or not, but I can't say enough good things about this course.

Is there a course page for this course yet? I couldn't find it.

YEEEAAA!! It's here. I've only gotten to play the first twelve holes on 2 diff occasions (ran out of light) and WOW what a course. By far, hands down, the most technical course in town and probably the toughest. TONS of elevation and tight lines. Creative pin placements. Set on great land. I could go on and on.

I can't thank those involved enough for all of your hard work and the church for opening up their land for a disc golf course. :clap:

It's really quite mind boggling that people were already leaving their trash behind :thmbdown:

Are there any more workdays planned in the near future for the signs and such?

signs are up mostly.

Excellent. I can't thank you and all others involved enough for installing this gem of a course. :clap::clap::clap: There really isn't anything like it anywhere else in TX. IMO, the Circle R courses seem tame compared to this church course.... I've never played another course that requires such discipline from start to finish (and I've only gotten to play the 1st 12 holes!!)

Are you planning on playing out there this weekend? I'd love to toss a round w/ you if you're free.

Take care.

I may be out there Sunday morning with a small posse. I have to cook a christmas dinner for sunday afternoon so it will have to be an early round if I can squeeze it in. I just checked my ham and it is precooked so I should be able to talk the dinner party into going out there before the meal. It will make us feel less guilty for eating so much later in the day. At least that is how I will present it to them.

Is there a way we can change the name of this thread? Everytime I see it I think "Who scheduled a workday...oh."