• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Five Minutes of DG I’ve had.

DGtourist

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So I'm out practicing for this tournament that is tomorrow morning. I'm totally psyched because I get to meet a few dudes from this board.

My local course is under a ton of water because of rain, so I settle for the local nine which also has some flooding. The course I'm practicing for has a hole I nearly aced last week, so I've been playing with that disc a little more than I usually would, bringing it out on holes I normally wouldn't. I lose it in a flooded overflow area. I sacrifice my shoes and jeans and search every inch of the bottom of this overflow area, but its raging and dark and after about 40 minutes and making my brother (who WAS going to the tournament with me) sacrifice his shoes and pants, I throw in the towel.

Next hole I almost get some tree love and it jacks the basket. My heart sank. I thought it was going to make up for my lost plastic.

All of a sudden. My brother, who is a truck driver, then gets dispatched on the road right then. Never mind he asked for the day off so he could come to the tournament with me and then we pick up his kids at DIA later that afternoon. Nope now I have to forgo my plans my brother has to go earn his coin and I have to be a good bro and help out at the airport.

Lost trusty plastic, lost an ace, and lost my Saturday plans all in five minutes. Weak. Weak. Sauce.

Man this sucks. -end vent

I'm sure someone has had a worse day before......

that's what beer and sportscenter are for :D

just look at it this way.... go back after the water dries up, and you may find your disc PLUS some others...

We all have bad days. Just hang in there, it will get better.

I once had my brother bug the crap out of me to let his friend come play disc golf with us, and it was a disaster. I really don't want to go into all the details ,but it was the worst day of disc golf I had ever had. I now am very peticular on who I invite to play.

that's what beer and sportscenter are for :D

just look at it this way.... go back after the water dries up, and you may find your disc PLUS some others...

I just went back and the water had gone down about two feet but no luck. Its up to the gods now.

We all have bad days. Just hang in there, it will get better.

I once had my brother bug the crap out of me to let his friend come play disc golf with us, and it was a disaster. I really don't want to go into all the details ,but it was the worst day of disc golf I had ever had. I now am very peticular on who I invite to play.

Yeah, I usually only play with DGers. I'll go out with a newb once in a great while, but I dont ever expect to have a time better than looking in every bush.

That is a tough 5 minutes. As far as playing with newbies, I usually make sure that they are either good friends or relatives. It is frustrating sometimes but as long as you have plenty to talk about I can't complain.

Were you out when it really started pouring? We barely beat the deluge.

Wanna make up for a crap day and hit Dry Creek tomorrow or Monday? The creek was still high, but it looks to be drying out a bit. Tuesday looks like rain so let me know.

Man that sucks. There's nothing worse than looking forward to something and then having to cancel it due to something that you can't control.

These past two days I had been looking forward to for a few weeks, at the same time, my wife is going to have a baby any day now. I was hoping the baby could wait until I had my fun (selfish, I know), but it did. Now I'm ready for that baby:D Bring it on little one!

Were you out when it really started pouring? We barely beat the deluge.

Wanna make up for a crap day and hit Dry Creek tomorrow or Monday? The creek was still high, but it looks to be drying out a bit. Tuesday looks like rain so let me know.

I can play both Sunday and Monday. I have one class I am taking in Laramie and I am away from 1-430. Other than that, I'm free on Monday too! I'll give you a call.

sounds good to me. If the class isn't until 1 - mornings are good for me to - and less chance of wind and rain.

I took a friend of mine out for his first time a few years ago. His first throw off the tee, he ends up griplocking it and throwing it into a marsh. Not a good way to start the game. Good thing it was a disc I didn't like anyway.

My worst day in disc golf was also my best. First the good news......I got my first ace in 10 years with my KC Pro Roc. Now the bad news......the very next hole I lost that Roc!!! Uuuugggghhhh!

A guy I know had a bad drive that sailed right of the fairway into some trees and he could not get out of there to save his life. Every shot went straight into a tree branch and threw farther into the woods. I think he eventually got a 6 or 7 over on a par 3. That is by far the worst single hole of disc golf I have ever seen played.

I took a friend of mine out for his first time a few years ago. His first throw off the tee, he ends up griplocking it and throwing it into a marsh. Not a good way to start the game. Good thing it was a disc I didn't like anyway.
Similar thing happened to me in Truckee on the Friday before 4th of July. I let my friend (who only throws forehand with his boss) try out my Beast because he wanted to throw backhand. Next thing I know a headwind crops up and he griplocks it big time. That thing flew about 400 ft almost directly right and ended up sailing into the Truckee River.

Latest posts