• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-Y U no buy from Marketplace?-

Being new with no feedback makes sellers nervous.
I prefer light weight discs. Not many for sale.
Easier to buy from online retailers with confidence.

Almost bought a used Mojo but seller found a buyer local.

I DON'T WANT YOUR INKED UP DISCS.

Between local and online retailers I have been able to find all that I need. Discs are cheap enough to buy new, especially when several places ship free of charge. I have not developed a taste for anything exotic or out of production.

Do I just get really good deals or something?! because i'd check the marketplace allllllllll day before any other store in the USA.

Most people are willing to accept less than list price, you build direct relationships with others on this site and that alone is worth it-- you just have to deal with the right person and they will hook you up. Hell I just sold 5 MVP discs and bought 4 for around $10 each... Last time I checked they are almost $20 anywhere after shipping or considering your travel costs to said store etc there goes $5

#Marketplacehaterz

Do I just get really good deals or something?! because i'd check the marketplace allllllllll day before any other store in the USA.

Most people are willing to accept less than list price, you build direct relationships with others on this site and that alone is worth it-- you just have to deal with the right person and they will hook you up. Hell I just sold 5 MVP discs and bought 4 for around $10 each... Last time I checked they are almost $20 anywhere after shipping or considering your travel costs to said store etc there goes $5

#Marketplacehaterz

I am with you man. I have got some great deals from some nice people here. As long as you know how to use the search function, it ain't hard.

You can get some nice deals on here but GGGT is a ten minute drive from my house..

Being new with no feedback makes sellers nervous.

Specifically addressing this valid hurdle... I can only speak for myself.
1) My first trade was in person, and that person left me feedback, so that helped establish at least some history. To be honest, that's how I found out about iTrader.

2) I was a pretty well established DGCR regular by the time I started dealing - I think it helps if people get the feeling you've been here for a while and they've read a few of your posts and at least have some sort of feel for who you are. Granted, it's not much, but as you read someone's "body of work" over a period of time, you get a feel for how they conduct themselves.

3) When selling, I don't ship until the payment hits my PayPal account, so it honestly doesn't make a difference to me if a Buyer has zero feedback. They pay --> I ship next day. No money, no ship.... I have nothing to lose. The trust is on the part if the buyer. But since I've at least had some solid feedback (admittedly not much), combined with a history on the site, at least they have the reasonable expectation that trust isn't misplaced.

As a buyer, I expect the same, so I won't send a payment to someone with zero feedback, unless I actually know them or (i.e. not just on the interwebz, but I've actually met the person somehow) or theyve' been here a good long time, because I really don't know squat about them.

And obviously, PayPal just makes the whole thing a lot easier.

Trading's a bit trickier. I want to see some solid feedback before dropping disc in mail on a trade.

Last edited:
1. Not alot of feedback so I can't be in the MP clique.
2. Too many wanted and junk lots to sort through.
3. Question the integrity of sellers, very much prefer the professionalism of retailers.
4. If a problem were to arise, don't bring it up in the MP Rats group. You'll get chastised by... oh hey the OP.

Who didn't like some altered beast?

Also, I made this thread before the marketplace was flooded with triple digits of idiots, all with a low double digit IQ

I haven't used it as most of my plastic I've acquired through winnings at tournaments. Most of my plastic is 3+ years old in the bag. I've got stacks of new plastic I've never thrown. Most of my favorite discs I have multiple backups of too.

I haven't used it as most of my plastic I've acquired through winnings at tournaments. Most of my plastic is 3+ years old in the bag. I've got stacks of new plastic I've never thrown. Most of my favorite discs I have multiple backups of too.

sell the extras. but again you would need to invest a few bucks in the marketplace. i think the marketplace is very slow during summer months. winter way more active.

Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Dont know wtf your getting online as you can't touch it/feel it for how beat in it is and getting a new disc is what 10-20 at a store all depending. Also most of my discs are awesome found discs where no one put ink on it sooooooooooo :)

edit
Also everytime I look at a thread (from memory so grain of salt) like 80% of the discs are sold and the only thing that is left is the crap..... need to delete all the sold discs instead of just stating sold, just makes it cluttered and horrid to look at.

Last edited:

Latest posts