• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You have unlimited funds, and authorization...where would you put a DG course?

How many of you look at land as you drive by, thinking "That would be a sweet course"? I know I do!

Yes, my girlfriend says I'm obsessed. Next time I'll just show her this thread and be like, 'see, I'm not the only one.'

My course would be as close to my house as possible. I'd just buy up the land I needed with my unlimited funds. I'm sure I could find some suitable land nearby.

I kinda think it would be a shame to do that to a natural wonder. At the same time I think that many of these ideas alreay do exist........... Having said that.

Devils Tower! #1 tee across the top #2 straight down! and then around in and around the trees and rocks.

I went to the Temple of Heaven Park in Beijing a few weeks ago. The entire time I was there (and you know if you've ever been there) all I could think about was 'man I wish I could huck a disc at some holes in here.

Good luck getting the Chinese government to comply though..

I kinda think it would be a shame to do that to a natural wonder. At the same time I think that many of these ideas alreay do exist........... Having said that.

Devils Tower! #1 tee across the top #2 straight down! and then around in and around the trees and rocks.

That is a really cool idea, the Native Americans would go absolutely crazy but it would be an awesome course. Along those same lines it would be incredible to have a course under ground, like Carlsbad Caverns or something like that. It could be totally lit or played with glo discs.

i would like to buy out a ball golf course and replace the holes with discs. i wanna throw a 500 yard hole, it would be like a par6, but fun to play if its kept up

Rock Creek Park in D.C. -- an amazing piece of land, and it would be awesome to put a park like that inside the D.C. Beltway. You could make it a true Par 72 work of art...

there are some great, out-of-the-way fantasy courses that could be built, but I love the idea of a world-class course in a location that needs one, that will be accessible to millions.

Central Park in NYC would also be high on my list. There are some parts of that park that would be awesome.

There are no permanent courses inside the city limits of Atlanta, so I'd like to do what it takes to make Perkerson Park permanent. I've never had the chance to play there on Wednesdays, which is the only time it's set up, but I hear it's gorgeous. I'd also like to have at least one course that's less than a half-hour's drive from me, so a course "in my back yard" would be another good idea.

With in the last couple years they have closed a few auto plants in our area. These places are crazy huge. I always thought it would be sweet to have an indoor course to play during the cold Michigan winters. Unfortunately they are just tearing down most of them leaving behind big flat concrete slabs and giant piles of rubble.:(

A giant indoor facility for year round play in perfect weather conditions. It would have trees and water and elevation and it would be awesome.

my back yard....and i would put not just 1 but 4 courses.....in a giant square, that way you could come and play either of the courses depending on what you like....and then i could hold huge tourneys every year and it could be 4 rounds with all different courses..

I'd combine these two. My backyard (which would be infinitely bigger with my unlimited funds) would have an amazing world class course, and a heated "bubble" with a good rec course for winter...ah, that would be bliss.

I agree with those who suggested Rock Creek Park...that is a nice wooded swath of land with lots of elevation changes and water hazards. Another idea would be to use the C&O Canal, or a Course on either side of Great Falls...talk about a water hazard!

Last edited:
there was discussion years ago about possibly putting 9 holes in rock creek park. there is also a guy currently attempting to get the dc folks interested in a course.

olympic national park would be my choice of places i've actually been- mountains, temperate rainforest and rugged pacific coast.

i'll go along with the lord of the rings guys for places i haven't been, although the rooftops of manhattan would be cool too.