• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

Now that's a good thread but not the War Eagle thread. It would be kinda cool to have tucked away somewhere like maybe a sticky in the Landfill that we can point newbs to when references are made to some of these epic (or not so epic) reads. In that sticky we'd have links to the infamous War Eagle thread, Platebee, "MY LIFE", "Each Groove is it's own unique snowflake of suck" post, Taking a girl out DG'ing as a first date thread, etc. You know, DGCR lore.

Then again, if I were in timg's shoes I'd probably hate the idea lol.

Aaaand you know you're addicted to dg when you go around DGCR scrounging up all the War Eagle threads just to post them in the "You know you're addicted to dg when..." thread lol:

today is a sad day - the original

Attention: War Eagle - Midnightbiker suspects something is amiss.

A few discs and a bag for sale - Discgolfer219 = War Eagle...and so the scam begins

what I did was wrong but... - under yet another alias War Eagle tries (and fails pitifully) to redeem himself

attn everyone and War Eagle - under yet another alias War Eagle tries AGAIN to make amends

War Eagle has something to say - and yet another pitiful attempt at an apology

There are other related and spin-off threads I am sure but those seem to be the main ones. Wow. Train wreck postings for sure. And believe it or not Mr. War Eagle posted to this very thread way back when....

Bump what? I was just talking about you reading old threads in general and finding some entertaining and informative ones that you might enjoy. But don't be shy about bumping any of the old threads. If you are the only one that posts, it won't be on the home page for long. No big deal. There are some funny old flame wars and just humorous threads in general. Enjoy.

Gotcha.

Aaaand you know you're addicted to dg when you go around DGCR scrounging up all the War Eagle threads just to post them in the "You know you're addicted to dg when..." thread lol:

Don't confuse addicted to DG with addicted to DGCR...
Some are addicted to both... others are addicted to one, but not necessarily the other.

Don't confuse addicted to DG with addicted to DGCR...
Some are addicted to both... others are addicted to one, but not necessarily the other.
yeah i gots both... so here's the thread for just the dgcr addicts

also ykyadg when you get off work and sneak in a round before going home... gotta squeeze them this time of year, soon no light will be available after work.

... what would the flight numbers on a paper plate be... and is it something i should bag...

Like golf discs, that depends on the specifics of the mold, but I've already elaborated on the differences material has on performance.

Just like discs, the material plates are made from matters. You got:
• Paper: your basic baseline stuff - low cost, good grip, good glide, least durable.
• Foam: a lot like blizzard - decent glide, better durability, only available in light weights.
• Waxed/sealed paper (Dixie): much like Pro / X plastic - fairly inexpensive, better durability, good grip, nice glide.
• Plastic: like Champ/Z - costs a bit more, most durable, not as grippy, not a lot of glide.
• Chinette: the Star/ESP/Goldline of disposable place settings - premium price, performs pretty well on all fronts.

Pretty sure Hefty only makes foam plates, not paper. :|

Last edited:
... what would the flight numbers on a paper plate be... and is it something i should bag...

Years ago, a friend of mine took like 4 paper plates* and drew the typical innova stamps on them and made them say "Star Plate" and "DX Plate", put his buddy's name/number on them, and then hid them in long grass just off fairways at Elver.

*Yes, I know, he littered on the course, but it was hilarious*

When you have multiple stacks of instant oatmeal lids in your cubicle ( from a coworker who eats it everyday) that you throw every morning to work on form and shot shaping

You read all 320 pages to make sure this hasn't been posted before

You stop eating sugar and bread not because you want to lose weight (still do, but) because you ache less after playing and therefore can play more often (over 50 problems)

Last edited:
This gets your blood pumpin:

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-24%20at%209.43.35%20PM.png

When you keep 11 tee boxes in the pine trees shoveled off all winter long because the snows to deep in the meadows.