• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 disc you do, 1 you don't

Click: Aerobie Epic. Don't care what nobody says that's a sweet overhand disc.

Don't click: Roc. Just don't like the beaded mids.

Click: Inspire. For me, it's just an extremely straight flying disc that I can also use to hold an anny when I don't trust my forehand

Didn't click: FD, Patriot, Envy. The Envy is still in my bag, doesn't get much use, but I always hope something will click. Those three just never seem to do what I want them to

Click: Lat 64 Maul. So overshadowed by the River. Also, the Trident.
Don't Click: Innova Teebird. I have tried So Many times to like a Teebird, but I can't stand it, regardless of which plastic.

Clicks:
  • Gazelle --- love it, even better than the Cyclone.
  • Gateway Assassin --- a totally underrated driver for folks at the 350' barrier.
Clacks:
  • Buzzz --- a good disc that I absolutely hate throwing.
  • BB Aviar --- I love beaded putters, but cannot stand the feel of the top wing.

only 4 months in, so that may explain it, but in terms of uncharacteristic likes/dislikes:

liked: DX Wolf

disliked: DX Leopard

Click - the first green gummy stable Opto Flow I bought

No Click - the second green hard slippery overstable Opto Flow I bought on-line after I lost the first one

Click: Discraft Pulse / Innova Mamba / Prodigy F7

Don't Click: Aviar, I like it, but after moving to other putters, I don't like the feel as much. Drone, can't use it again...after Buzz OS/Justice came out.

Well, my first thought for clicks would be Prodigy. They rarely get the nod for suggestions when DGCR/Reddit is asked, however, I love almost every mold they make. (Hence a 90% Prodigy bag) BUT! They're still not "unpopular" enough for this discussion...

SO! Click: Discraft Nuke OS - Wicked overstable and not phenomenal glide, but the thing can RIP in wind! For years this was my only wind driver I'd carry. I can still get good distance with it on non-windy days and it's a great utility disc, but wind is where it shines and why it stayed in my bag for so long!

Clack: Overmolds. I know. I'm sorry MVP boys. I'm a Michigander, so, I SHOULD love my domestic manufacturer. However, I've tried so hard for years - buying every mold they've release up until this season - and have always shelved them. The Ion was the only click that I had from MVP/Axiom. It was a great mid with massive glide, but I couldn't stand it as a putter. What's worse is when it comes to Innova overmolds. I'd throw a Nova at a bonfire. That's about it. Hideous and flies like a dead bird.

Click - Opto Striker and Core. Basically any shot within 300' as long as there's no headwind, up to 350' downhill. Holds the line I throw it on every time, with enough height will get a bit of late fade. Same lines but 50' farther with the Striker and a new one can handle some headwind.

Doesn't click - Anything faster than a Striker, tried at least 10 fast discs, get no extra distance.

Latest posts