• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

I mentioned a similar feeling in another Buzzz 10th thread here. I saw 20-25 more of them for sale ($25) at a tourney I was at this past weekend. Then saw another 20-30 for sale ($25-$30) the next day during league play. They were not flying off the shelves either, maybe 2-4 sold at each place. :confused:

Seems strange something so collectible is still so readily available weeks after release. While $20 was the MSRP, $25 is not an unreasonable amount to ask for. Just an observation, nothing more.

I assure you, if they posted them online, they'd sell 'em. Enthusiasts who buy 10 of these in one go aren't all in the same place. And the online retailers probably didn't get that many to begin with, hence, why they sold out so quickly. I don't know how much these discs cost to get from Discraft (and I'm sure they're not allowed to say), but if I were someone like DGC, I would totally offer clubs or whoever a profitable price point for all that they had. And then turn around and sell them.
Obviously, $25 is the upper limit of what most people want to pay for more than 1 or these, right now. One retailer still has BB Roc3s because they put them up at $30...so we know that's too high.
If those tourney suppliers sold them for $20 in the MP, I'm positive they would have none left in short order.

Discgolfcenter is now showing some "unique" color combinations. Don't really know how unique they really are though..no white that I saw.....

how many 10th Anny Buzzzes do you think a person would need for backup until the next special run of Wasp tooles?

Im not sure anyone knows that.

it's okay to make up a number. an educated guess maybe. assuming you played multiple times a week and used your buzzz a lot, how quickly would you wear one down, and how often would they need to be replaced? i've always been a roc thrower, but these have me curious. will one of these be able to stay in the bag for years?

Well, dammit. PIAS in Cary, NC (crossroads for you locals) has them for $22. Here's the colors:
20130320_190617.jpg

I say dammit because they wouldn't buy my Irons and only gave me $15 for 4 Star plastic discs and 3 dx...

Discgolfcenter is now showing some "unique" color combinations. Don't really know how unique they really are though..no white that I saw.....

There are some nice rainbow stamps and other cool colors, the peachy one especially, there I just don't know if I like them enough to pay 27 dollars for them.

it's okay to make up a number. an educated guess maybe. assuming you played multiple times a week and used your buzzz a lot, how quickly would you wear one down, and how often would they need to be replaced? i've always been a roc thrower, but these have me curious. will one of these be able to stay in the bag for years?

I haven't been playing long enough to really know how long someone can use a disc until it "wears" out but it seems like its tough plastic and the z plastic and this particular blend especially is know for its durability and should last a good long time. Also everyone's definition of worn out could be different.

I'm pretty sure some people are still using some of the first run buzzzs from back in the day. Me personally I'm keeping 3 or 4. I bet you could probably get away with 2 but that cant account for the occasional lost disc or the possibility of one getting thrown in a pond or something.

Take that with a huge grain of salt though, that is a totally uneducated guess.

I bought a ton of them from Gotta go gotta throw as well as Air traffic, I bought them for many reasons, I look at it as banks dont give crap for interest anymore, how am i going to help myself in reguards to money in 30-40 years when retired? Inflation says these discs stock and new will be 25-30 bucks new then and these things will run 300-500 by then if not more. So I can invest 300 bucks in 15 discs now and get in theory down the road in the 5000 range.

Well, dammit. PIAS in Cary, NC (crossroads for you locals) has them for $22. Here's the colors:
20130320_190617.jpg

I say dammit because they wouldn't buy my Irons and only gave me $15 for 4 Star plastic discs and 3 dx...

Why didnt you just try selling your discs on the forum or ebay? Its not like PIAS is ever going to give you a decent amount of cash for them.

I bought a ton of them from Gotta go gotta throw as well as Air traffic, I bought them for many reasons, I look at it as banks dont give crap for interest anymore, how am i going to help myself in reguards to money in 30-40 years when retired? Inflation says these discs stock and new will be 25-30 bucks new then and these things will run 300-500 by then if not more. So I can invest 300 bucks in 15 discs now and get in theory down the road in the 5000 range.

Gollee I hope you are serious. If so, you are a BAMF.

lol good luck with that. You know you can invest your money in things other than a bank account, right? Stock market returns over the last 25 years have been around 10%. Meaning if you take $300 and invest it you will average $5000 in 30 years.

Or you can gamble on the frisbee market.

So I can invest 300 bucks in 15 discs now and get in theory down the road in the 5000 range.

Best keep your retirement on a high shelf out of the hands of your kids and away from the furnace.

So your going to sell them for 333 dollars a piece huh? Good luck with that one. You would be better off investing in gold or silver or some other item besides disc golf discs.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the value of the original bar stamps. Now that theres 10,000 of these new runs floating around, will anyone need the originals?

I bet old school buzzz prices go down because of this release

I doubt it. They are just different enough that there will be no fooling people that know what they're talking about. I can see them building more hype for the old school Buzzzes and potentially driving their value up slightly.

Latest posts