• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 10 Year Anniversary Buzzz

Argh.. just talked to Kirk from InfiniteDiscs, trying to confirm I'd get my 6 I ordered from them. Apparently their shipment from Discraft won't be there until the 11th. Also said they charged them for the 10th Av's, but he's not 100% certain they'll be in that shipment. Considering only 3 of the 6 are mine.. dunno if I should snag another somehwere else..

If you can, I would so as not be put out.....:\

I ended up going with Dynamic after I heard from community. Even though Justin was unable to fulfill my order, I will still order from him in the future. His customer service is some of the best in the industry, and this isn't even his fault. Also I think he is handling this in the best way possible by offering either our money back or another collectible disc.

Yea I called spinners and they were like sure you want three they are on the counter for you. Send your paypal and we will mail them. So I sent the paypal and they never sent anything. Called today and said you wont be getting your buzzes would you like anything else. So after 6 days and 2 spinner employees promising ill get them I ened up with nothing luckily dynamic had my back.

That sux man, they were litterally sitting on the counter, there was like 50, then for flymart they had a crap ton and the pile went fast. Got mine for 15$ no tax! Went back for more about 3hrs later and they were gone

i ordered from dynamic and it pissed me off to do so. marshall street's crap ordering system does not take out of inventory when something isin someones cart missed out on max weights then by the time it was over they had like 173g

what a fkn joke.

I guess i lucked out. Got in on time with community. Ordered 2 from DGC last night, love their rewards program!, also snagged three from glide today as well. Someone called and canceled their order while i was there, so i got me a blue!

The blue is fantastic, got a purple with red prism stamp that looks sweet. The green almost glows that one is getting thrown. Gummier than i hoped for, but nice and flat.

Got a light pink one with a red prism stamp today from The Nati Disc Golf Shop. Feels very grippy to me

crap ordering system does not take out of inventory when something isin someones cart
Sorry but that's exactly how it's supposed to work. Carts allocate items to the first order. I understand why people think it should work like "it's in my cart so it's mine".

Easiest way to break it down... say MST launches a hot model, I get pissy, so I go fill my cart with 100 of them. I could poach their inventory for as long as the system will recognize my user session (and it doesn't know when you close a browser window either). And as soon as Booter is willing to paypal me $20, I arrange to release the items from my cart at exactly 3:12pm. As I said, it doesn't know when you've closed your window -- so some kid building a dream bag including 30 Nukes in his cart will inadvertently poach 30 Nukes out of inventory, long after he's left the computer, until the user session times out.

So no, carts don't allocate or soft-allocate until the order is complete, and there are very solid points of logic behind it -- as understandably frustrating as that may be for buyers. The problem with retailing discs is the relatively low quantities of certain variants. You can order 600 of a model and still have a unique 165g blue that 5 people are gonna have in their cart all at once in a firestorm sale. Systems are made to not crash during a firestorm sale... the low quantities still make overlapping carts a problem, but it's functioning as it should.

i ordered from dynamic and it pissed me off to do so. marshall street's crap ordering system does not take out of inventory when something isin someones cart missed out on max weights then by the time it was over they had like 173g

what a fkn joke.

My last 3 orders from Marshall Street ended with an e-mail saying something to the extent of..."sorry, we don't have the disc that your orders. Would you like to replace it with a similarly priced disc?"

And these weren't "fresh off the press" discs either

So I picked up 2 from DD :D

The pics on dynamic discs site makes the discs look opaque, which I like, but all the ones I've seen in person have been pretty transparent. Anyone getting opaque ones?

Anyone heard from Volo regarding their preorder? I should have 5 incoming.

They'll be in tomorrow and shipped out as soon as they can. I know that they oversold by just a few before they knew that they could only get 50, but those people have been contacted from what I understand.

an e-mail saying something to the extent of..."sorry, we don't have the disc that your orders. Would you like to replace it with a similarly priced disc?"

And these weren't "fresh off the press" discs either
This is why DN moved all online operations down the road from the store several years ago... I'd be picking orders at the store and an order would come up for an orange 157g D-Hawk... and damned if some dude didn't buy that incredibly obscure disc off the shelf 5 minutes earlier, or go monkey-arm it into the parking lot from the driving range rendering it unsellable. Or worse yet, a friendly disc golfer picks up the Hawk and discards it in the Warlock box. These things happened more often than you'd think. It's another symptom of the relatively low quantities of unique items, and the difficulty of constantly inventorying stock -- we put an insane amount of in-house programming to build the software used to inventory the warehouse. Since it's no easy feat, I'll spill the beans -- we weigh the box... after all, we know exactly how many grams are in there. If it falls outside tolerances, we scan each barcode. This way we get more cycles of inventory count. Boom, custom software for frisbee.

Last edited:
They'll be in tomorrow and shipped out as soon as they can. I know that they oversold by just a few before they knew that they could only get 50, but those people have been contacted from what I understand.

Thanks for the update. I actually sent them an email and told them they could cancel my 5 if they didn't have enough. I don't new them anyway.

Just popped in to ask this very same question.. thanks for a reply..

I got shut out from communitydisc but was able to get some from Glide (check em out on facebook) - All is well. I ordered 3 max weight greens. I really wanted a blue so if you want to trade let me know. I will gladly pay your shipping.

The pics on dynamic discs site makes the discs look opaque, which I like, but all the ones I've seen in person have been pretty transparent. Anyone getting opaque ones?

I have seen all colors as opaque discs, but a majority in what I have seen are transparent. I picked up an Orange/Red Opaque but had to sell the Orange transparent I pre-ordered because I refuse to throw transparent discs.

I picked some up locally tonight and was surprised to see actual colors! There were some pastels for sure, but most of the ones that the shop got had good color saturation.

Every one was translucent. They're somewhat cloudy, but definitely not completely opaque.

482375_470321793023374_425601791_n.jpg

Picture from a local disc shops facebook

Latest posts