• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Looking fwd to Sep 8 :cool:
Think I might like actually this disc, guess I just gotta wait-n-see. :popcorn:

I just placed the order for the ace race I am hosting on Sept. 15th today. Two weeks can go by fast enough.

Ace Waste

So , just drove 5 hrs to the nearest acerace . Set up camp,
went into town for lunch to find out that it's been cancelled
due to discs haven't made it across the border .
Choked , and TD trying to play karma that MY NAME is on
the package and he'll be stuck with discs !
Fuel and 2 days camping on my credit card !
Yeah , I won't be back in 3 weeks , too bad .
Totally stoked on the event , dragged 1buddy with me and
glad I didn't have a whole posse with me .
Feel like a fool for wasting the last weekend of
summer NOT with my family.
CHOKED ......

Just played our local Ace race earlier today. I really liked the disc and hope that this one goes into production. Our longest hole was about 282ft dead straight. I over threw the hole by about 30 feet twice with this disc flying on a frozen rope. I had some trouble using this disc on the shorter, 120-150 ft holes, but I think any driver would be hard to throw on those distances.

I could see a use for a shorter driver like this. Especially on some low ceiling shots. As others have stated, the glide on this disc is fantastic. This could probably be the driver I would recommend to beginners in the future.

Good job Discraft :thmbup:

ace race 2012

why for a beginner? because its not a high speed thick rimmed driver:wall:
Its a finesse driver and you have to be experienced to have finesse!!duh

why for a beginner? because its not a high speed thick rimmed driver:wall:
Its a finesse driver and you have to be experienced to have finesse!!duh

Wait, are you saying that a beginner should not be given finesse discs, and instead throw stuff they should just chuck as hard as they can? This sounds like a great beginner disc!

Shawn, you gonna be at Raintree next week?

ace race

it is a good disc for beginners and advanced. beginners can use it for a driver and adv, can use it for long midrange,

More and more I hear it sounds like they tweaked a Squall and made it in Z line.

DOPE!

Finally went to the Ace Race, and got to test this thing out. It is a long straight midrange with good glide, and a healthy fade. I hit my only metal of the day on a nice S curve back to clang off the rim of the basket. SO close.

If I had to give it Innova's numbers, I'd say it's a 6, 5, -1, 1.5. The best way I can personally describe it based on what I've thrown is a little more overstable Panther.

The half-way between a Buzzz and a Stalker claim is born out in this photo
8BECF673-91EE-47BE-B186-65F60702F075.JPG

half-way in color ;), rim thickness, and bead size.

It is way closer to a Stalker in profile though:
08E1DAC0-A3C9-4AE3-9AC9-E760321DE736.JPG

vs.
D422CD84-127C-4548-9E49-58F682A04413.JPG
(focus fail oops)

It flies like a shorter less stable Stalker for me (BH and FH) in the 175g and 177g models I got at our ace race. I'd be interested to try it in a lighter weight, but for now it probably won't push the slightly beat 170g Stalker out of my bag.

It's a slightly understable fairway driver with a good amount of glide. Not the best choice for in a headwind. However, thrown with a little hyzer with a headwind, it should be pretty easy to get the thing out to 400'. Kind of a longer Meteor or Comet. The closest Innova disc I can compare it to is a Leopard, but I think the Ace Race disc could be thrown farther.

Ace Race tomorrow. Im looking forward to getting my hands on a couple of these and just having a good time. I had been a little burnt out, played minimally over the summer (which is just feeling like ending here) and haven't even been on here in 3 and a half months. I'm thinking this will be wonderful.

Hey, good to see you back gcr. You still playing with an MVP bag? Good luck at your Ace Race.

This disc is nothing like a longer Comet. It's a slightly more overstable Panther.