• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

Anyone have a link that works or is my computer just effed?

Saw that too. Why wouldn't he be called on it?

I'm guessing (hoping, really) it was because no one saw it. But reality is that no one wants to be the a-hole who calls something that "doesn't really matter". It was a 2 foot drop in, so who cares? Such a stupid attitude, especially when we're talking about the biggest event(s) in the sport.

missed it. what happened?

It's at 1:01 of today's video if you want to rewind.

Basically, he missed his 30 footer off the top. It dropped down in front, probably 2-3 feet. He walked up and tossed his putter in as he approached the lie. He was at least two steps behind the disc on the ground when he did it. Never even attempted to make a proper shot with foot on the mark.

anyone else bummed Anthon isn't there this year? He owns this course...except for the last round....I was hoping to not see him choke this year.

You expect these guys to know the rules well enough to invoke Optional Re-throw?

*snicker*

Re-throw would have been a terrible decision. Why throw three 500' back risking OB again. Throwing 3 50' to land in bounds is way easier than throwing 500' to get to the same spot. Im sure they are well aware of the rules, just better at making decisions than you 2 :)

It's at 1:01 of today's video if you want to rewind.

Basically, he missed his 30 footer off the top. It dropped down in front, probably 2-3 feet. He walked up and tossed his putter in as he approached the lie. He was at least two steps behind the disc on the ground when he did it. Never even attempted to make a proper shot with foot on the mark.

Avery just pinched his drop in to the inside of the basket...pretty sure that is illegal.

They ruled him in. I heard then say "benefit". Lame. Looked out to all of tv land. I'm sure they had a better view.

He was so out! What? OK disc golf gods just got him. He just threw a perfect drive on 18 and it rolled 100' OB. Sorry JC17393 if I called you out improperly.

They ruled him in. I heard then say "benefit". Lame. Looked out to all of tv land. I'm sure they had a better view.

how can you tell? cameraman never thought to look directly over head, kept giving side views

how can you tell? cameraman never thought to look directly over head, kept giving side views

Yes, this is true. From the camera shots, it looked out. But without knowing for sure that the camera was looking directly from above, we don't know.

But if I'm guessing, I'm guessing it was out. I *might* have been touching the line, but I'd say it's 50/50 that those players even know the line itself is out.

http://xfer.innovadiscs.com/usdgc-caddy-2013-book.pdf

Im totally wrong! Sorry! :thmbdown:1978:thmbdown:

So thought they ruled him out...all the voice coverage was that he was out. Damn announcers.

Got to keep in mind that the announcers are watching just what we're watching. They don't have any more insight or knowledge than we do most of the time. And they've gotten a few details wrong already today, particularly stuff that's in the caddy book.

So thought they ruled him out...all the voice coverage was that he was out. Damn announcers.

John and Dave are so dumb. As he's taking his meter from OB, they're saying it's because he was OB. Well that *couldn't* be, since he'd thrown another drive (provisional) after the (almost) OB one. If they had ruled him OB, his next shot would have been from his last drive, not from the OB one. Derrrrrrrr.