• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

Re-throw would have been a terrible decision. Why throw three 500' back risking OB again. Throwing 3 50' to land in bounds is way easier than throwing 500' to get to the same spot. Im sure they are well aware of the rules, just better at making decisions than you 2 :)

(Note I don't have the video feed here, so I can't see it.) If his throw on 888 was that deep in the junk on the left that his pitch would still be out of bounds, it would make sense to retee. Even I didn't throw that far off line on 888 (I also wasn't throwing 500 feet either) last year. I doubt he'd be that far off line a second time.

That said, I reread course rules and see that you need to decide to retee for a hazard area before leaving the tee area. He probably didn't realize how bad it was prior to getting down there.

Bad drive by AJ. I'ev never had a sidearm with that much hyzer stick on that fairway. The moment out of his hand he had to know it was possible.

Yes, this is true. From the camera shots, it looked out. But without knowing for sure that the camera was looking directly from above, we don't know.

But if I'm guessing, I'm guessing it was out. I *might* have been touching the line, but I'd say it's 50/50 that those players even know the line itself is out.

one reason why i hate rope, paint the dang grass. thicker line and obvious if in or out. rope always causes a slow of play.

Bad drive by AJ. I'ev never had a sidearm with that much hyzer stick on that fairway. The moment out of his hand he had to know it was possible.

I've spotted that hole and seen him do the same thing before!

Avery's rethrow was likely a provisional.

Spotters are told to raise both flags when it's close and let the group decide.

Basically, he missed his 30 footer off the top. It dropped down in front, probably 2-3 feet. He walked up and tossed his putter in as he approached the lie. He was at least two steps behind the disc on the ground when he did it. Never even attempted to make a proper shot with foot on the mark.

ao_zpsdb7b0483.jpg

Looks like his left foot might be in contact with the ground when he releases, but he took another whole step with his right foot before he is at his mark. So, yeah, prettymuch not legal the way it looks to me.

We could phone it in, PGA Tiger Style!

ao_zpsdb7b0483.jpg

Looks like his left foot might be in contact with the ground when he releases, but he took another whole step with his right foot before he is at his mark. So, yeah, prettymuch not legal the way it looks to me.

We could phone it in, PGA Tiger Style!

We could phone it in, but they won't do anything...video evidence isn't allowed by PDGA rule.

sigh.........

Anyone hanging on to check out the performance division players?

They're not showing performance players...except an occasional filler shot of tee 3. When the open flight is done, I expect coverage will shut down for the day.

I like how the live scoring is being done this year

Barry in with a 58 AND spotted US Doubles for us last weekend when everyone else was practicing. Thats how you do it people!

What a finish!

Nikko was +2 through 11 and then finished -5! That's 7-down through the last 7 holes. My guess is he was pressing hard to start and then shifted into I don't care mode and relaxed.

Nikko was +2 through 11 and then finished -5! That's 7-down through the last 7 holes. My guess is he was pressing hard to start and then shifted into I don't care mode and relaxed.

I don't think Nikko has an I don't care mode.