• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Vibram Open

Not for long ...

Thanks both tbird888 and Graham!

I likely won't stick around here for too long. You see that I have very few messages posted to any forum. I find most message boards far too frustrating and time consuming and after many years of raising my own blood pressure, I've basically weened myself off of them.

Talk about a great case in point - lots of discussion about the Vibram Open coverage (which rightfully included good and bad as it should) and near the end of 50 pages, I'm called a "joke". I also find it very frustrating that I can't even quickly or easily find anyone's real name here.

PaulW - I sent you a PM and if I seriously owe you $100 (or any money) please PM me with some details ... such as your full name and why. If I somehow do, I apologize because I have no idea what you're referencing.

The Disc Golf Guy

Glad you started posting Terry. Hope you stick around. :thmbup:

Disc Golf Guy is nothing but an asset.

Don't listen to the haters Terry. We'd love to have your participation here and I'm sorry it isn't working out for you.

Other high-profile disc golf celebs are somewhat active on here and seem to have no major issue. I hope we can keep you on in some respect. If not we will just watch your videos elsewhere anyway!

thanks

I'd love for you to go ahead and break it down for me "unclemercy" - why exactly am I a joke? You have the 'mic' so to speak so please go ahead and let us all know why I am the "joke" you say I am.

I'll await your clarification.

The Disc Golf Guy
dude is just a jag. has no idea what he is talking about. probably just basing everything off of rumors from uninformed people. Glad to see you finally doing the commentating. its so much better when the commentator is actually with the card.
Good work and see you at Sandy

He speaks for none of us here on the forums, or any of the traveling guys. The consensus seems to be from all around that you're a great asset to the sport and your live commentary on top of it was fantastic. I loved having someone there with the card. I just know I couldn't personally handle being at so many great events and not participate in the rounds. My hat is off to you.

Amen. Here, here! I really enjoyed the Vibram Open and I think that you did a great job recapping etc. I think your the best there is in recapping, and articulating disc golf topics, and events! :clap:

Terry, you are indeed a great asset to the sport as many before me have posted. I watched the footage with friends/family and they appreciated your interviews, commentary, and hard work. My family is a tough lot to satisfy so you are definitely doing something right.

keep on keepin' on brotha.

terry, great job commentating the Vibram open. hands down the best dgplant broadcast ive seen to date. ps i think people were referring to don not you

Bull****. YOU DID GREAT TERRY. EVERYBODY GAVE YOU PROPS ON HERE. That is how we want broadcasts and that is what we all said. Subtle personal and direct. I give you an A-. If anything I wanted it a bit more personal but i very much understand laying out. Keep it up.

Thanks for all your videos and time Terry. I enjoyed your commentary. It's really hard to fill that much air time by yourself. I appreciated your willingness to just be quiet and let the golf speak for itself, while adding helpful comments when needed. (unlike some live broadcasters)

Please keep making video blogs, they have the best format of any in existence (interview with clips from that day's round)

Just read the whole thread . You will find 90% praise. We really are analogus to real life. You just gotta not get caught up in the last two posts or whatever and read it all.

All right not 90% cause i read back but F it. Terry we love you as a voice of our sport. Just roll with it! Don't fight that ish! Keep doing what your doing and make sure we get a chance for us to advocate for you!

And I think I've responded. The "PM" thing isn't exactly a grumpy old guy's forte . . .. just saying.

I've been researching and I'm relatively sure I've sent Terry a PM responding to his post that referenced me and I'm relatively sure he has never sent me a PM.

Just saying . .. I like to say.

Last edited:
Thanks both tbird888 and Graham!

I likely won't stick around here for too long. You see that I have very few messages posted to any forum. I find most message boards far too frustrating and time consuming and after many years of raising my own blood pressure, I've basically weened myself off of them.

Talk about a great case in point - lots of discussion about the Vibram Open coverage (which rightfully included good and bad as it should) and near the end of 50 pages, I'm called a "joke". I also find it very frustrating that I can't even quickly or easily find anyone's real name here.

This is why we can't have nice things.

"Unclemercy" has a long, long history of being a Debbie downer on both this and the PDGA message boards, and poo-pooing anyone who does something positive to help grow the sport of disc golf. To my knowledge, Gregory Lane has done absolutely nothing, ever, for the sport on the local, regional, or national levels.

"Unclemercy" has a long, long history of being a Debbie downer on both this and the PDGA message boards, and poo-pooing anyone who does something positive to help grow the sport of disc golf. To my knowledge, Gregory Lane has done absolutely nothing, ever, for the sport on the local, regional, or national levels.

hahaha:hfive:

I have been both critical and appreciative of dgptv in the past. I call 'em like I see 'em.

There were some bugs this time but none had much to do with Terry. He did an awesome job. The vast majority of his commentary consisted of line, distance, lie, discs used and scoring. He added color commentary and interviews on the fly, when appropriate.

I'm not sure there is anyone that could have done it better. For as long as he was mic'ed up, it was a super human job. Hats off to Terry Miller.

Eff the haters