• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Glass Blown Open

Dixon and Robert were excellent on the commentary. The homework they did to learn each player's bag before the round to say what they were throwing was very insightful. Best commentary we have had in a live broadcast to date.

Something you will never see in ball golf...

attachment.php

JohnE's just trying to make up for pushing this guy over:

Johne.png

Dixon and Robert were excellent on the commentary. The homework they did to learn each player's bag before the round to say what they were throwing was very insightful. Best commentary we have had in a live broadcast to date.

So would you say the commentary was second to none. :D

Any word back from players who attended on what the experience was like for Ams? Tournament organization and overall?

I have never been to a major event but it seems rather obvious to presume that there probably isn't much opportunity to play disc golf when it's not your tournament round... too many disc golfers and too few courses in the area. Is this basically how it plays out? Have to find other things to do / watch when it's not your turn?

Any word back from players who attended on what the experience was like for Ams? Tournament organization and overall?

I have never been to a major event but it seems rather obvious to presume that there probably isn't much opportunity to play disc golf when it's not your tournament round... too many disc golfers and too few courses in the area. Is this basically how it plays out? Have to find other things to do / watch when it's not your turn?

Bad presumption about playing after the rounds. Courses were wide open once the rounds were over. If you play early you might have to wait a while to get back on a course, but I know many took advantage of the free time late in the day and played.

Am I the only one who mistypes the Blown Glass Open when searching for it on Youtube, Google, etc?

I keep typing it as "Glown Blass Open". I have no idea why but it drives me nuts.

I am not sure what they did to know each disc like that - but it was HUGELY appreciated. I love hearing what each player was tossing and wish more broadcasts did the same more often.

Also - I've got to imagine the sponsoring companies must love it as well.

I wanted to add to the Props being given for the live coverage. Friday and Saturday's coverage was on point! Dixon and Robert did an outstanding job! Thanks for the hard work DD

I am not sure what they did to know each disc like that - but it was HUGELY appreciated. I love hearing what each player was tossing and wish more broadcasts did the same more often.

Also - I've got to imagine the sponsoring companies must love it as well.

Sounded like Dixon was allowed to look through the bags of the players and write down disc and color so he would know what they were throwing. He said he had notes of each players bag based on disc color. More impressive than that was the complete lack of bias that they had during the broadcast. Although it was a DD (Lat64) event and both Dixon and Robert are DD sponsored players, they were very unbiased to the players and the discs they were throwing regardless of who sponsored them. It was by far the best live commentary we've had thus far.

Part of the reason to host the am event at the same time as the NT is to get bigger crowds watching live and in person.

There was lots of extras going on and the town of Emporia really isn't that small. There was plenty of time to play after the tournament rounds too.

Dynamic Discs runs a top notch event from beginning to end. They really are leading the way for disc golf events.

Sounded like Dixon was allowed to look through the bags of the players and write down disc and color so he would know what they were throwing. He said he had notes of each players bag based on disc color. More impressive than that was the complete lack of bias that they had during the broadcast. Although it was a DD (Lat64) event and both Dixon and Robert are DD sponsored players, they were very unbiased to the players and the discs they were throwing regardless of who sponsored them. It was by far the best live commentary we've had thus far.

I hope the other broadcasters took note of it, because it was great.

I also agree about the unbiased commentary. Based on the commentary itself you wouldn't know that the commentators (or coverage) was sponsored by DD.