• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

I appreciate the coverage from the Discgolfguy, but I hate taking 80 minutes to watch one round, especially when Jomez condensed say the last one to 40 min.

I agree - not to knock free content but, DGG needs to edit the teebox walk-ups. On some holes, there is 30-40 seconds between drives. I don't need to see someone clear the teebox, or wipe their fingers 20 times. If McBeth weren't playing, I would not watch. If you started just before the approach, through the end of the drive, you are looking at 10 seconds max.

On a positive note, the multi-camera sync is great, best I've seen.

I agree - not to knock free content but, DGG needs to edit the teebox walk-ups. On some holes, there is 30-40 seconds between drives. I don't need to see someone clear the teebox, or wipe their fingers 20 times. If McBeth weren't playing, I would not watch. If you started just before the approach, through the end of the drive, you are looking at 10 seconds max.

Agreed. The camera work is great, and I like hearing some of the conversations that he picks up. However, I do NOT care about people walking up to the basket to get their putter out, wiping their hands off, or any of the other pre/post throw stuff. Cut it, please.

I think we need to appreciate what Terry is trying to bring to tourney videos ... not just the shots, but also how each player approaches the shot. Watching the pre-throw routine can give you some insight into what type of shot they've selected, the run-up angle, the disc, etc.

Plus, I like that Terry is able to pickup the banter between the players ... to me that's half the fun of playing disc with friends ... saying nice shot, teasing each other, asking what disc did they throw, etc.

Although the length is more akin to what PHP is doing for NorCal and it does make it harder to commit the time, that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing or watching.

Agreed. The camera work is great, and I like hearing some of the conversations that he picks up. However, I do NOT care about people walking up to the basket to get their putter out, wiping their hands off, or any of the other pre/post throw stuff. Cut it, please.

^^^ I completely agree. I'm sick of all of this constant filler... there's no reason why DGG can't edit a full tournament round down to about 3 minutes. Here are some suggestions for him...

1) Cut the run-ups. They're always the same anyway.

2) Speed up the footage of drives in the air to 3x or 4x. Sometimes those hyzer bombs are in the air forever... I don't need to sit there for 10 seconds waiting for one of McBeth's drives to land.

3) Don't show putts at all. We can tell by where the drive landed and then what the score on the hole was how many putts they had to throw.

4) The scores are on the screen for WAY too long. They should be flashed up there for maybe one or two frames, like a subliminal message. We won't necessarily *know* the score, but we'll *feel* it, which is pretty much the same and it will save a load of time.

5) "The Disc Golf Guy" is far too long of a moniker. I suggest changing it to "Doug".

6) More clips of cats falling off of stuff, cuz everybody likes those.

Hope this helps!

Thanks DG Guy

I hope the DG Guy reads this and keeps it exactly the way it is. You guys are being way too harsh. My #1 criteria is the quality of the video itself and I think if anything The Disc Golf Guy has improved over time. An hour and a half (more like 1:20 if every minute is so damn precious to you) really isn't too long, especially with a 5 player card. Last time I remember SPINTV tourney videos are about the same length.
The idea that you would edit out the putts is insane to me. Mcbeth and Sexton made some crazy improbable long ones. Meanwhile Gibson unfortunately was off his putting form on a few and missed some critical ones. Plus it was a very competitive tournament with Barsby trying to hold off Mcbeth, every shot counts and I want to see all of the shots, especially the putts.

I am very very grateful for all of the filmers out there bringing me coverage from all over the US and even Europe so that I can keep up with the PDGA tour from where I live in SC.

^^^ I completely agree. I'm sick of all of this constant filler... there's no reason why DGG can't edit a full tournament round down to about 3 minutes. Here are some suggestions for him...

1) Cut the run-ups. They're always the same anyway.

2) Speed up the footage of drives in the air to 3x or 4x. Sometimes those hyzer bombs are in the air forever... I don't need to sit there for 10 seconds waiting for one of McBeth's drives to land.

3) Don't show putts at all. We can tell by where the drive landed and then what the score on the hole was how many putts they had to throw.

4) The scores are on the screen for WAY too long. They should be flashed up there for maybe one or two frames, like a subliminal message. We won't necessarily *know* the score, but we'll *feel* it, which is pretty much the same and it will save a load of time.

5) "The Disc Golf Guy" is far too long of a moniker. I suggest changing it to "Doug".

6) More clips of cats falling off of stuff, cuz everybody likes those.

Hope this helps!

Wow! Some of you guys are seriously impatient. I like watching the run-ups and the putts, I've learned a lot from watching all of the pros different styles. I like hearing the banter on the tee box. I mean, come on, it's not like the mind numbing tedium of watching a baseball game.

My only wish is that more coverage would show what discs the pro's are throwing. Love those videos the most.

I hope the DG Guy reads this and keeps it exactly the way it is. You guys are being way too harsh. My #1 criteria is the quality of the video itself and I think if anything The Disc Golf Guy has improved over time. An hour and a half (more like 1:20 if every minute is so damn precious to you) really isn't too long, especially with a 5 player card. Last time I remember SPINTV tourney videos are about the same length.
The idea that you would edit out the putts is insane to me. Mcbeth and Sexton made some crazy improbable long ones. Meanwhile Gibson unfortunately was off his putting form on a few and missed some critical ones. Plus it was a very competitive tournament with Barsby trying to hold off Mcbeth, every shot counts and I want to see all of the shots, especially the putts.

I am very very grateful for all of the filmers out there bringing me coverage from all over the US and even Europe so that I can keep up with the PDGA tour from where I live in SC.

You had to know that my post that you quoted was massively sarcastic... right?

Wow! Some of you guys are seriously impatient. I like watching the run-ups and the putts, I've learned a lot from watching all of the pros different styles. I like hearing the banter on the tee box. I mean, come on, it's not like the mind numbing tedium of watching a baseball game.

My only wish is that more coverage would show what discs the pro's are throwing. Love those videos the most.

I totally agree with you and Dnewq on this :thmbup:. I enjoy watching Terrys vids as they are. I like to see the little extras, hear the conversations, commentary, AND ESPECIALLY see ALL the putts, hole outs includes.

Call it my ocd but I must see the putter go in the basket. When I play that is the goal of the came to put that plastic in the basket, is it not? I dont even like the guys I play with to pick up my putter or tap in a putt that is 2' from the basket. Call me weird but that is the way it is.

Burd, you need to use some smileys to show your sarcasm :p, at first read I thought you were serious....:confused:

Last edited:
Burd, you need to lighten up with all your recommendations...I dont know if you are for real of joking? :confused: Really, long drives take too long to watch??? My man, that is the "magic" of the Disc Golf experience...

Good lord people... I couldn't have been any more blatantly sarcastic than I was in that post. Do you really think I want 3 minute full round videos with no putting, subliminal score messages, and clips of cats falling off of stuff included? I was obviously (or so I thought) making fun of people complaining about "30 second blah blah blah". :doh:

I guess I really do need to always include the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags...

Good lord people... I couldn't have been any more blatantly sarcastic than I was in that post. Do you really think I want 3 minute full round videos with no putting, subliminal score messages, and clips of cats falling off of stuff included? I was obviously (or so I thought) making fun of people complaining about "30 second blah blah blah". :doh:

Notice I re-read your post and got it, then edited out my first thoughts directed to you. My apologies to you sir :eek:.

Sorry sorry! call me stupid and perhaps I should have quoted the original complainer or simply just added to the thread. I guess to summarize my opinion on the topic: My guess that in real time the round that Terry filmed took 4+ hours start to finish. For him to condense the round down to 1.5 hours, ensuring that nothing was missed is A+ work in my opinion. I enjoyed the video quite a bit, sorry to hear that others did not.

I'm cool with Terry's vids. He's at least giving us good coverage and not vapid videos for fanboys.

Drew Gibson is a beast. He throws with some serious power. 415 into a headwind with an MD3? That's crazy.

PHP #9b - The Browns Valley Throw Down 2015 - Final Round (Locastro, Long, Harris, Noma)

http://YouTube/PureHyzerProductions | http://facebook.com/PureHyzerProductions

Round 1: https://youtu.be/mCh5T9ySWIY

Sponsors:

Axiom: http://www.axiomdiscs.com
Cali Connection: http://caliconnectiondg.com
Vibram: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com
Fly Life: http://flylifediscgolf.com

Final Round, Lead Card coverage from The Browns Valley Throw Down in Browns Valley, Ca on April 5th, 2015.

MPO Players: Nikko Locastro, Nicholas Long, Don Harris, Tateki Noma

PDGA Results: http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/20528

Course:

Browns Valley DGC - Back: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4812

Browns Valley Throw Down - Teaser (unlisted). Used locally to promote tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e254CKFWsXM

Latest posts