• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCray just isn't very bright -- if you're going to call someone for excessive time you really should just call them. The first time a player uses excessive time, it's a warning. It seemed like JohnE didn't even call the warning -- he counted like a small child playing hide and go seek and then just whined about 2006 and how the "rules don't apply to everyone". Sad really, JohnE just comes off looking unintelligent. I didn't watch the entire round, but I'm guessing Philo went over 30seconds more than a few times -- I bet JohnE didn't even mention it. Poor guy -- just play better JohnE, then you'll be smart.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with calling rule infractions, but why be childish about it.

When JohnE gets angry about something, big or small, he acts like my 3 year old.

He was being a bitch. He never called time once on Philo who plays very slow but wants to call it on Paul in a big situation

I can see it now:

Introducing the new Innova Catheter...when you have to go, but it's your pad.

Are bathroom breaks addressed in the rules in regards to time?

Not specifically, but I would think it falls under the reasonable time to reach one's lie and being free and clear of distractions and all that. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

And one trip to the restroom does not equate to habitually taking 45+ seconds when one is already standing at the tee and the fairway is clear. Typically, you give a player a bit of leeway for a bathroom break, particularly when he lets his group know what's up and they don't object (or tell him to make it quick).

Not sure what the circumstances were that McCray was referring to, but what happened 10 years ago doesn't really impact what's going on now. For crying out loud, the excessive time rule has changed since 2006 (not that the first offense wasn't a warning back then too).

You don't want McCray crying about a past issue's (06 Worlds) result but bring up another past issue's (Philo) result as proof for why this shouldn't have been called?

I hope you guys aren't lawyers.

2006 worlds john e took 7th and was two strokes away from making the finals....not that matters, but does anyone know what exactly he was referring to in 2006?

2006 worlds john e took 7th and was two strokes away from making the finals....not that matters, but does anyone know what exactly he was referring to in 2006?

IIRC, JohnE was late to start the semi-final round and was assessed a par plus 4 penalty for missing the first hole (which based on the results, cost him a chance at the finals). If I were to guess, he probably came running up after his group teed off but wasn't allowed to start the hole even though the group wasn't done. In other words, he didn't get any leniency and the rules were applied properly.

That's not the same as what happened with Paul though, and wouldn't be handled the same way anyway.

By denying someone a bathroom break would and could be seen as a safety issue. Mcbeast will forever know as Mcbrownpants

Can we all agree that McPants is an amazing nickname and we should keep that going for years to come?

How long did Paul take, like a minute? 90 seconds? Yes, they could have called him on it. But if he told the group ahead of time and they were cool, then calling it would have reeked of unsportsmanlike behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts