• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about, "I heard he shaved 10 seconds off his delay by nailing his stream from 50 feet like a boss."?

You do realize Jacob"Cupcake" is on the Innova Juniors team and is not some random kid? The kids Dad is the main person in the clip smashing the cupcakes. Clearly it was all in good fun... On Smashboxxtv last night Paul confirmed it was pre planned by the dad and Jacob thought it was funny and even made a funny comment that wasn't picked up on camera. This forum loves to get riled up too quickly without knowing the whole story.

Wait, it is his dad doing the smashing? Well then there is 0% controversy, how can anyone blame Paul for this? I am a dedicated Paul McPants hater and I say he is blameless.

You do realize Jacob"Cupcake" is on the Innova Juniors team and is not some random kid? The kids Dad is the main person in the clip smashing the cupcakes. Clearly it was all in good fun... On Smashboxxtv last night Paul confirmed it was pre planned by the dad and Jacob thought it was funny and even made a funny comment that wasn't picked up on camera. This forum loves to get riled up too quickly without knowing the whole story.

Well it's (like many things) not about what really happened but how it seemed. If I were McPants's sponsor I'd have a word with him regardless who was behind the idea. It looked bad on camera, full stop. And that's what matters.

Plus, there's this whole thing about pros aiming for the sport to get more professional. A childish stunt like that is not, IMHO, professional behavior.

Plus, there's this whole thing about pros aiming for the sport to get more professional. A childish stunt like that is not, IMHO, professional behavior.

BAL_loughpie2_onjo9m0m_xh4evhpg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

0ap2000000322920_video_cp.jpg

Well it's (like many things) not about what really happened but how it seemed. If I were McPants's sponsor I'd have a word with him regardless who was behind the idea. It looked bad on camera, full stop. And that's what matters.

Edit: I was too slow.

That's funny. Haven't you watched pro baseball lately? Smashing things in someone's face on camera is common place.

Posted on Facebook about 30 minutes ago.
Johne"It's About Time" Mccray

I'm going to address what happened on hole 16 and why I chose to start a count on Paul.

Here's the scenario:

Player 1 tees off
Player 2 is not on the tee
Player 3 asks where player 2 is and players 1 and 4 have no reply.
Player 3 begins a slow 30 second count and asks if it's his turn to throw since player 2 had not arrived yet after the count ended at 30-40 seconds...again with no response from players 1 and 4
Player 2 gets to the tee and throws
Finally players 3 and 4 tee.

Not once was I informed that player 2 needed a bathroom break. Believe me, it was hot out there, we were all staying hydrated and we could have all used a bathroom break. I'm not cruel, if he says he needed to go to the bathroom, it would have been cool by me.

According to the PDGA player 2 should receive a warning for excessive time. If player 2 had been warned earlier in the round for excessive time then player 2 would have received a stroke. (804.01) Not par +4

Not once has anyone given me the opportunity to explain my side. People have jumped on the band wagon bashing me, calling me names, saying bad things about my faith etc.
This has been extremely hard to take and I'm still getting bashed for it.

Paul and I have spoken about the situation. It's over and I'm moving on.
This is my tour page and argumentative comments will not be addressed. If you would like to talk to me about it, I'll be happy to make myself available for a one on one conversation.

Lol @ JohnE's explanation. We all saw it dude, trying to paint a better picture of yourself when you got cought on camera acting a fool is just idiotic. I can't believe he's honestly trying to defend his behavior. That's a pretty terrible spin job.

Lol @ JohnE's explanation. We all saw it dude, trying to paint a better picture of yourself when you got cought on camera acting a fool is just idiotic. I can't believe he's honestly trying to defend his behavior. That's a pretty terrible spin job.

But he's over it dude, so it is apparently over.

This confuses me... he thinks ppl care that he called McBeth for an infraction... it's like... uh no, you were an ass about it is why. No one is saying 'don't uphold the rules'... why the hell are he and his fans acting like people don't want McBeth playing by the rules

he definitely has some mouthbreather fans posting on his FB who don't even seem clear on the details of exactly what happened.

I find the part about John (and according to him, the rest of the group) not knowing or suspecting where Paul was during his absence a bit of a stretch. He has to announce to his group he's headed to the john? I mean, where else could he have been? If he didn't suspect a restroom break, where exactly did John think Paul went? Did he think he quit and left the course? Fell in the lake? Got hit by a car? Abducted by aliens?

I can't see a way to portray it as him simply calling time on him for not being there because he didn't know or have an idea where Paul was.

How about something like "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Really, none of us are perfect. Give the dude a break.
This is what these guys do for a living.
Think about times at work that you have faced a difficult, high-stress situation, then think about 4,000 people watching on a live stream.
I'm not justifying or excusing what John E did.
That is between him and Paul.
If they've addressed it and moved on, so should we.
Everything else is just "piling on".

Posted on Facebook about 30 minutes ago.

Now I'm annoyed. John's reply is all good except for a number of actions and comments. Lets begin with when John E started counting. Philo throws, and within two seconds, John starts counting. He didn't look around and say, "hey where's my good buddy McPants," he was ready and willing to go. Now, he may not have known Paul was peeing, but he certainly knew he wasn't there, and had more than enough time to ask, "hey, where's my good bud McPants?"

Of course there were the two generous breaks that John took while he was counting, "I'll take a slight break, and I'll take another slight break" and I'm sorry for feeling that these two slight breaks, of one second each, weren't meant to show compassion or patience, they were anything but. When John got to the end of his count, he said "It is now my turn, does anyone not know the rules of the game?" To which Nate, rather politely said something that I can only guess was 'well you can give him a warning,' followed by "here he comes." To which John replied, "I didn't get a warning in 2006 at worlds when I was on the lead card." Followed by, "I guess rules don't apply to everyone."

Again, I understand that under the pressure of competition some of us act like donkeys, but we should at least man/human up to it when we do.

Tone and demeanor matters, and John was being snotty and mad as a wet hen. And to make sure we understand, I doubt anyone has gone after John's religion, more they've questioned his, shall we say, adherence to the principals of it. The fact is that what happened didn't play out the way John is portraying it in his reply. He's left out some of the actions and some of the comments. Selective memory, it's a wonderful thing.

I do find it interesting that no one yelled out, "he's taking a leak man!" Ah, missed opportunities.

BTW, John's actions start at about 2 hrs and 2 minutes into the smashboxx presentation on YouTube, please don't take my word for it, give it a listen, it is quite entertaining.

Everyone else is throwing out their opinion so why not...

I'm not siding with either player, both come across as good guys. If I had to guess Paul's financial situation is pretty different than JohnE's, and if he is goofing around and taking unannounced breaks that might come across as the top player not respecting his competitors quite as much as he should, so IMO yeah JohnE had a legit grip.

It's on Paul to communicate he is taking a bathroom break, and the rest of the card to be cool and let him. If Paul didn't communicate where he was JohnE had reason to be frustrated, especially if the cupcake incident had already happened.

JohnE could have been cooler about the whole situation, but he seems like a passionate guy...nothing wrong with that.
Paul could have been more professional, but he is younger and wanted to have some fun while playing a fun sport...nothing wrong with that either.

Congrats to Paul on a big win, and looking forward to seeing Nate on the lead card this year love that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts