• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

The front 9 is the half to really attack on this course. The back 9 is where there's a lot more trouble to punish aggressive play. Not to take anything away from MattyO's hot start, or anyone else's, but this is one of those courses where a hot start can be tough to maintain through the whole round, and things can definitely turn on a dime.

The front 9 is the half to really attack on this course. The back 9 is where there's a lot more trouble to punish aggressive play. Not to take anything away from MattyO's hot start, or anyone else's, but this is one of those courses where a hot start can be tough to maintain through the whole round, and things can definitely turn on a dime.

Its also hard to slow yourself down and think about being less aggressive and playing smart. You get this crazy front 9 going and all you can think about is just keep pushing and then you push to far and get a big number. This course can really get you like that.

Its also hard to slow yourself down and think about being less aggressive and playing smart. You get this crazy front 9 going and all you can think about is just keep pushing and then you push to far and get a big number. This course can really get you like that.

Yes. It's as much a mental grind as a physical one. Really, you don't even need to be overly aggressive to put down a good score. You just have to be make smart decisions and then, of course, execute them. It's a tough, if not impossible course to impose your will on.

McBeth is destroying this course right now. Matty O is doing just as good if not better! With the weather not changing much all weekend then it should be a pretty high number to win it!

SUcks for Jerry Kraus. Dayton, OH open player was -6 thru 16 and in 4th place... took an 8 on 17:gross:
Is that the island made of hay bails and water if so It's a deceptive hole I remember throwing to the far back of the green flop putting under the basket taking my 3 and moving on. I wanted no part of attempting a 2.

Hope everyone on the course had their phones on silent just now for that test of the Presidential alert system.
Doesn't matter if your phones on silent or not those things override your phone settings and go off anyways. Someone's probably pissed right about now.

Is that the island made of hay bails and water if so It's a deceptive hole I remember throwing to the far back of the green flop putting under the basket taking my 3 and moving on. I wanted no part of attempting a 2.

Even that isn't easy. The landing zone is barely the size of a putting green. You pretty much cant skip it into the the area because of the hay bales.

Doesn't matter if your phones on silent or not those things override your phone settings and go off anyways. Someone's probably pissed right about now.

Not true. I set my phone on "Do not disturb" in anticipation of the alert and my phone didn't go off. I saw the alert come on the screen but it made no sound. It's the same setting I use when I'm on the course. I hope at least some of the players/staff/spectators did the same.

Not true. I set my phone on "Do not disturb" in anticipation of the alert and my phone didn't go off. I saw the alert come on the screen but it made no sound. It's the same setting I use when I'm on the course. I hope at least some of the players/staff/spectators did the same.
Mine did maybe it depends on your phone

Yeah he was paired up with a guy who shot a +49 and has a player rating of 805 I'm sure he's not to thrilled right now.

Actually, my rating isn't much above that and I got paired with Jerry once at random draw dubs. I'm sure he wasn't crazy about that either. I think we used two of my drives the entire round.

Actually, my rating isn't much above that and I got paired with Jerry once at random draw dubs. I'm sure he wasn't crazy about that either. I think we used two of my drives the entire round.
There's a big difference between random draw doubles at Belmont and what you expect at one of the biggest tournaments of the year. You don't expect to be playing with a Rec player at a pro tournament.