• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

GvcEITE.png

ehh, I'm still not buying it. This is all a Halloween trick from Innova

And he used a photo from the same event that innova did (same shirt and hat) in his posts....... today is the trick and the new deal with innova tomorrow is the treat.

Kevin going DD would be a shame.

Scam company that preys on the newer players. Has the answer to their "is this disc right for you?" Video series ever been no?

Well, I've watched a number of those, and, from what I remember, sometimes it was no.

A bit unfair to call them a scam. As to those videos, sometimes the answer is "no", but the information can be helpful. One of the vids made me aware of the Trespass, which I'm now bagging and loving. To each, his/her own...

Well it seems to be from the USDGC final round which was his latest big win...so it makes sense getting pictures from that event.

Or of course it totally makes sense that everyone would announce this to cause an uproar and questions only to settle it down again to how it was before, after selling tons of stock discs to everyone in a panic.

I guess I'll add this too :rolleyes:

A bit unfair to call them a scam. As to those videos, sometimes the answer is "no", but the information can be helpful. One of the vids made me aware of the Trespass, which I'm now bagging and loving. To each, his/her own...

When you have one guy throwing 275' and another throwing 475' there is a pretty big difference. It's pretty much assured the disc is going to work for one of them other the other, and very occasionally both. You can tell if it's way too beefy for Bobby or way too flippy for Eric. Just because Bobby likes a disc, doesn't mean it's recommended or a yes for me.

You can't say "it's the archer not the arrow" and then say yes there will be a learning curve. That means it is somewhat the arrow..

To use this analogy: today's compound bows need go be zeroed in by the user, just as a scoped rifle needs to be zeroed in. But once it IS zeroed in, it's ready to go and accurate for that user. Yeah, it's the archer, but he needs to understand his arrows to be most effective with them.

Likewise, McBeth (like Paige Pierce when she switched over) will need to learn his new discs and practice with them. Once he is zeroed in with them, it's back to McBeast Mode...

It's no accident that two prominent posters on the disc golf portion of the 6th highest rated site in the world (reddit) are now DD employees.

When you have one guy throwing 275' and another throwing 475' there is a pretty big difference. It's pretty much assured the disc is going to work for one of them other the other, and very occasionally both. You can tell if it's way too beefy for Bobby or way too flippy for Eric. Just because Bobby likes a disc, doesn't mean it's recommended or a yes for me.

True, but the point is that they're showing how different discs work for people with different armspeeds. Yes, it's advertising. But take the info and use it how you will. Or not. And sometimes there's an unexpected or unintended tidbit that can help more than one realizes...

It's no accident that two prominent posters on the disc golf portion of the 6th highest rated site in the world (reddit) are now DD employees.

Not sure what your point is with the comment above, but you seem intent on bashing DD, so have at it and have a nice day...

Thank you, this is why I call it a scam. eMac is a world champ and has a solid understanding of how discs fly and what power it takes to make them fly as intended. For him to recommend a high speed disc to someone with Bobby's power, which is most players, is dishonest at best.

Thank you, this is why I call it a scam. eMac is a world champ and has a solid understanding of how discs fly and what power it takes to make them fly as intended. For him to recommend a high speed disc to someone with Bobby's power, which is most players, is dishonest at best.

I think they are fine, knowing that it's the company's own videos marketing material. EMac isn't going to tell Bobby to get a stack of Enforcers, but he does say for example that a Bio Enforcer could work as a very situational/windy disc if someone with low arm speed wants to fill out their bag...while in comparison EMac does bag several of them for variations in flight.

I dunno, if people are into disc golf enough to be watching disc review videos they should have a good idea of if they throw like Bobby or like Eric and see that there's a massive gap between those two.

Videos aren't needed for beginners to buy high speed drivers though...take any uninformed beginner to the store and they'll think "high speed distance driver" is what they need instead of something like a Mako3/BuzzzSS or nearly any putter.

Those guys are in the business of selling discs but I really don't get the feel that they tell beginners to buy Enforcers or 400'+ throwers to buy Freedoms.

To use this analogy: today's compound bows need go be zeroed in by the user, just as a scoped rifle needs to be zeroed in. But once it IS zeroed in, it's ready to go and accurate for that user. Yeah, it's the archer, but he needs to understand his arrows to be most effective with them.

Likewise, McBeth (like Paige Pierce when she switched over) will need to learn his new discs and practice with them. Once he is zeroed in with them, it's back to McBeast Mode...

Exactly.

I think they are fine, knowing that it's the company's own videos marketing material. EMac isn't going to tell Bobby to get a stack of Enforcers, but he does say for example that a Bio Enforcer could work as a very situational/windy disc if someone with low arm speed wants to fill out their bag...while in comparison EMac does bag several of them for variations in flight.

I dunno, if people are into disc golf enough to be watching disc review videos they should have a good idea of if they throw like Bobby or like Eric and see that there's a massive gap between those two.

Videos aren't needed for beginners to buy high speed drivers though...take any uninformed beginner to the store and they'll think "high speed distance driver" is what they need instead of something like a Mako3/BuzzzSS or nearly any putter.

Those guys are in the business of selling discs but I really don't get the feel that they tell beginners to buy Enforcers or 400'+ throwers to buy Freedoms.
I'll admit when I was wrong. I just watched some recent DD videos and Bobby was clear that the higher speed discs weren't ideal for his arm speed.

I'll admit when I was wrong. I just watched some recent DD videos and Bobby was clear that the higher speed discs weren't ideal for his arm speed.

Yeah and I just watched that video review from Danny. That's just how I expect them to be...it's a "review" but really I look at is an overview with flights since it's from the company responsible for the product.

Of course they are trying to sell you the benefits but I do think they do a good job of not hiding things. They say it's overstable, actually fairly overstable, and not a super long flier because of it. As well it has a bead, not hiding that fact since some players don't like that. I have never thrown one but after that video I can see it'd likely be a disc that would fight for my Roc3's place...something that is quite stable, won't anny but will flex out a bit, feels bad in the hand but I can ignore it, and even though it's stable-overstable it has enough glide to fly normal mid distances if you have power.

I like seeing these videos, Discmania has recently put out more and I've seen a few from Discraft. I think these are the things that can help players learn a little more before buying if they are into it enough, and get some very cheap brand exposure/interaction. Of course players have to have thrown enough discs to get an idea of what it will do for them...having no/little experience and guessing from video doesn't work really well, but as someone who has thrown a lot I feel like I could throw that disc and know what it should do for me first time.

Latest posts