• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Worlds Prediction(s)

DiscFifty

Banned
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/47784

Ricky has been playing solid all year, but Paul wants to solidify being the 10 million dollar man. Otherwise the usual suspects are always in play. My top 5....

Paul McBeth, Ricky Wysocki, Calvin Heimburg, Eagle McMahon, James Conrad.

James is a wildcard, but he also needs to prove to his sponsor he can produce. If there ever was a time for James to showcase his skills and his new sponsor, this is it.

On the FPO side it pretty much comes down to Paige and how much she wants it. If she doesn't come out strong Hailey or Cat could take it down.

Paige Pierce, Hailey King, Catrina Allen, Heather Young, Kona Panis.

:popcorn:

More detail in the #38008 thread, but Ricky is my top pick for MPO. His win at TX States shows that he can beat e'erybody in the woods, and 3 of 5 Worlds rounds are at The Fort.

2 - McBeth. Feels weird to even say that.
3 - Dickerson.
4 - Eagle.
5 - Heimborg.

Honorable mention: JC. Has struggled so far this year, but can absolutely slay lines in the woods. Would like to see him get back to top form.

Has to be Ricky as the fav.... I dont even have to look at the courses they are playing to know he will be right there at the top.

Of course Paul is next....

Outside of that is a toss up..... If they are more open courses Eagle and Calvin can outscore the field. Then coast the final round..

When it comes to final round huge tourney pressure....you really only think of paul and ricky. If its close and those 2 are in it....hard to believe it wouldnt be one of them.

I prefer Paul to win. I like to witness greatness.

I wouldn't really say James has struggled this year. If you look at his past few years, he always seems to be pretty swingy to start the season.

Ricky has been my pick to win World's in Utah ever since it was announced that there would be a World's in Utah. He has historically played very well in Utah, and with the way he's playing this year, I have no reason to change my pick. I think he beats Paul by 4 to 5 strokes, with Calvin coming in 1 or 2 behind Paul.

Paige has struggled to start the year, but until proven otherwise, it's still her world and the rest of the field is just living in it.

If Henna, Evolina and Tattar are able to come stateside I think one of them could win FPO. Paige hasn't looked good and Cat/Hailey are very good but beatable for those three is they get hot.

Brodie!!!

Will finish around 25th place.
I'm really going out on a limb here as 6 of his 8 tourney finishes this year have been between 23-28. And my legit guess is McBeth. Again, really going out on a limb.

I said in the Ricky thread, the more rounds, the more likely it's a Paul and Ricky battle.

Since I am not entering, I'll have to go with Schultz, Feldberg, JohnE, MJ and Uli. Time for these young bucks to start respecting their elders.

Might have put Nikko in that list, but he is waitlisted? What is up with that?

Since I am not entering, I'll have to go with Schultz, Feldberg, JohnE, MJ and Uli. Time for these young bucks to start respecting their elders.

Might have put Nikko in that list, but he is waitlisted? What is up with that?

Time for the Champ to re-emerge. It's Climo FTW!

I'm sure most of the top contenders will be in town plenty early to practice, but it looks like Ogden, Utah sits at about 4300 feet of elevation.

Will be that play a factor or no? I've never played at elevation. If so I think Eagle would be an easy choice, he's used to it as opposed to everybody else having to adjust?

I would be good for the sport if Henna or Eveliina could take the win, Discgolf is huge in Finland. .
I like Paige but i think there might be a risk that she quits if she get´s that 6th title. .

Physically It takes a few days to adjust to elevation, but DG isn't a high intensity cardio sport. 4300' should not be a significant issue.

Discs will fly different, so they do need to adapt. Advantage Paul and Ricky.

I wouldn't put it past Anthon to make another run even though he hasn't been touring much the last year or so(He will get a few tune up events at OTB and Masters Cup). He put up a good fight at Smugs Worlds on similar courses... and maybe even should have won it if not for that crazy rollaway on 17...

Didn't even realize he finished 4th at Memorial...

Last edited:
MPO

Ricky
Paul
Calvin
Eagle
Dickerson

FPO

Catrina
Paige
Young
King
Gannon

Ricky and Cat just seem like they're both committed, hungry, in shape and really want it right now. Will be tough to beat. Top 5 in either division are a bit of a toss up right now though.

My heart says Uli but barring injury or unforeseen circumstances hard to imagine anyone outside the 1050 club winning

I wouldn't put it past Anthon to make another run even though he hasn't been touring much the last year or so(He will get a few tune up events at OTB and Masters Cup). He put up a good fight at Smugs Worlds on similar courses... and maybe even should have won it if not for that crazy rollaway on 17...

Didn't even realize he finished 4th at Memorial...

He's 1045 right now which is incredible and he looked pretty solid at the memorial this year. He can definitely still bang. I'd have to think not touring at all this year is against him, those guys are just engrossed in it right now, putts dialed in and have the legs for it.

Latest posts