• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Waco Annual Charity Open 13-Mar to 15-Mar-2020

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/44144
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/DGPT_Waco_Annual_Charity_Open_2020
https://udisclive.com/live/waco2020

https://www.dgpt.com/waco-charity-open1.html
The Waco Annual Charity Open (WACO) has been running for decades and for the past couple years, they have shown the world why. The course challenges the players to be aggressive and pushes them to their limits. Going into 2019, on the men's side, Jeremy Koling had won the last two years in extra holes. On the women's side, Paige Pierce and Sarah Hokom had an epic battle which was not resolved until Paige's final putt on 18 sealed the deal.

The 2019 version of the WACO brought even heavier competition. Paul McBeth had his coming out party with his new sponsor Discraft, carding a historic -18 during round two of the event. He would go on to win with ease. In FPO, Catrina Allen was able to out-pace Paige Bjerkaas(Shue) with a five under par final day. The Beast provides a perfect testing ground for top level players. Make plans to tune in March 13-15 to see who will bring home the victory.

There seems to be some confusion about the dates - the Pro's are playing Thursday through Saturday, only Ams on Sunday.
The DGPT site above has 13-15 in the info about the event, but it also shows 12-14 at the top of the page.

From PDGA:
DGPT - Waco Annual Charity Open
Event Info
Date: 12-Mar to 14-Mar-2020

Also looks like the Pros are only playing one course three times at Brazos Park East

Thursday:
Pro (A Pool) First Round Starts - Tee Times 12:00pm- 5:00pm
at Brazos Park East
Pro Award Ceremony???

Friday, March 13, 2020
7:00am
at Brazos Park East
Pro (A Pool) Second Round Starts - Tee Times

Saturday, March 14, 2020
7:00am
at Brazos Park East
Pro (A Pool) Final Round Starts - Tee Times
9:00am

Sunday, March 15, 2020
9:00am
at Brazos Park East
AM (B Pool) Final Round Starts - Tee Times
4:30pm
at Brazos Park East
AM Award Ceremony / Payout!

Since the Nick Hyde Memorial is no longer much of a tour stop for MPO, we were going to head down to check out the action. Anyone know where there's decent camping nearby?

Only 6 days away :thmbup:

The DGPT site doesn't have the 2020 event info yet - "Coming in March" it says.

BUT there are 28 players registered with a 1020 or better rating! After LVC and Memorial, I can't wait to see some woods golf. :popcorn:

I'm glad they are doing Thurs-Sat, rather than Fri-Sun.

Live DGPT coverage really makes my work days pass quickly :D

I'm glad they are doing Thurs-Sat, rather than Fri-Sun.

Live DGPT coverage really makes my work days pass quickly :D

Same way they did it last year, except we'll actually get good coverage this year. It's a damn shame the edited live coverage from last year is basically unwatchable.

Round 1 Live Feature card has been released. Drew Gibson, my boy Cale Leiviska, Paul McBeth, and of course Brodie Smith. :popcorn:

At this point it seems like anywhere that UDisc exists there will be post-production

Seeing some claims that the Brodie/McBeth/Cale/Gibson feature card will NOT be post-produced, only available on the live stream through the DGN. Meaning Jomez and co will take other cards in the first round. Haven't found solid confirmation of that yet. Ballsy move from the DGPT/DGN if so.

Seeing some claims that the Brodie/McBeth/Cale/Gibson feature card will NOT be post-produced, only available on the live stream through the DGN. Meaning Jomez and co will take other cards in the first round. Haven't found solid confirmation of that yet. Ballsy move from the DGPT/DGN if so.

I hope they at least take time to cut it down to something watchable later (like smashcut) because not everyone will have time to watch a 4 hour round of disc golf.

I expect it will eventually come out but it would make sense on their part to at least wait until the next month or two as enticement to pay another month of DGN fees.

My guess is that there WILL be a post production round made of that card. My guess is that it won't be next-day. It probably won't be publicly available (only on DGN).

Just my thoughts. No concrete plans that I was informed of yet.

I don't see it as ballsy at all. No need to double-up on any one card during the first day of action. Let the post-produced guys find other cards they want to film and make the most content possible. After the first day then you can double-up on the lead card all you want.

SO much for the Weema rule then?

That's funny. It looks like somebody talked that league he played in to end it a week early. It was originally scheduled to end on Thursday after the update... I wonder who that was.:D

Last edited: