• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Waco Annual Charity Open Mar 12-14

There is no such thing as "addressing your lie" in disc golf.

I hadn't read and/or thought about that wording in a while. Nikko takes even more time standing behind his lie, looking at it, before taking his stance. So the stop watches that have been started when he places his foot behind the mini are actually being generous.

I'm a Nikko fan and his pace of play bothered me a bit. I timed just one putt and it was about 36 seconds. I don't think many people would complain about that. But I didn't start my timer til he took his stance, so his time was well over 30 seconds considering the time standing behind the mini. And I know he took a lot longer on other putts. Of course, I wasn't looking to see if the area was clear of distractions, but I doubt that every hole necessitated the extra time for the area to clear.

He knew exactly what he was doing. A player of his quality doesn't miss his mini by that much and the situation only makes me more certain.

But at risk of a stroke penalty? I agree I find it hard to imagine he was that oblivious to where his lie was but I can't with certainty say he cheated on purpose. Either way he should have called himself and that is bush league that he didn't. I can see if it was close but it wasn't at all.

I do remember him getting called on multiple footfaults after that though too in other events, when he was stepping over the teepad on his plant foot. Karma.

I believe time starts when you address your lie. So when its your turn and you place the mini down or step up to your disc...the clock starts.

I know I was being generous on the time, but like I said he was literally standing on his lie ready to putt for over 30 seconds. It's bizarre and likely an issue as to why he struggles putting.

I can't think of any sport where someone is ready to play or throw but thinks about it for a half minute. Even Sergio with his milking the club was far less, probably 10-15 seconds if I were to guess.

I can think of pool sports or billiards but a lot of analysis is going on prior to addressing the shot. They walk around the table and are trying to figure out what to actually do.

But at risk of a stroke penalty? I agree I find it hard to imagine he was that oblivious to where his lie was but I can't with certainty say he cheated on purpose. Either way he should have called himself and that is bush league that he didn't. I can see if it was close but it wasn't at all.

I do remember him getting called on multiple footfaults after that though too in other events, when he was stepping over the teepad on his plant foot. Karma.

If he doesn't have the angle to get to the basket he still loses a stroke, no?... and there's the part about either don't call out fouls or aren't paying attention? He thought he could get away with it and did. BUT... it did make people start paying more attention and he was called for them a couple times in the next event iirc.

Time limit: every other rule has people hand wringing over it. I don't understand why this rule is NBD.

That's how he practices? So, if I practice based on violating the rules, then it should be NBD and nobody should call me on a foot fault or stance fault?

Nikko played great and that should be recognized. He made some terrible throws followed by some epic saves. He's still Nikko. Don't expect more.

nikko time wasting aside, I had a lot of fun watching the tournament. this commentary trio was the best we've had so far even if I'm still not a huge fan of Doss... on day 2 of live coverage the DGN feed started out SUPER choppy and they had to restart it, which solved the problem. sometimes I wait to watch jomez but having bradley williams mic'ed up actually made the decision to skip jomez coverage pretty easy

nI1Opgb.png

If a Nascar car entered a tournament it'd be wearing Nikko outfit from R2.

I couldn't decide if he was being an alligator or got ran over by a tractor. But I liked it. It takes a lot of deep-level stylishness to successfully pull together an outfit like that.

Ricky wasn't just breaking the rules...

He cheated intentionally by manipulating his stance to change his lie/position and it gained him an unfair advantage and imo(and if video evidence was allowed), should have gotten a post round penalty or DQ for it. You can see him clearly look up at that tree and at the angle he needed to get to the basket... and if anyone thinks the best/2nd best player in the world misses his lie by that much on accident, i got a bridge to sell you.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

i could give a **** less about how long you take as long as it isnt extreme. Now not worrying about where your foot is on your lie and freely hukking when everyone else has to plant their foot properly. THATS GONNA PISS ME OFF

i could give a **** less about how long you take as long as it isnt extreme. Now not worrying about where your foot is on your lie and freely hukking when everyone else has to plant their foot properly. THATS GONNA PISS ME OFF

what's "extreme" to you?

Latest posts