• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Des Moines Challenge

She's come close!

22% C1X R2 Portland Open 23
21% C1X R1 BSF 23

She was at 9% as i wrote that but then she hit that putt on 16

But alot of good scores at the top but many of the par 4 are to short. . a drive and then a short upshot is all they need, , dont really like that. . i mean 13 of the top 15 players birdys hole 1.

She's come close!

22% C1X R2 Portland Open 23
21% C1X R1 BSF 23

Kona in R3 of DDO - 9% CX1 and 0% C2
Finished +7 for the round and dropped 9 spots.

Looks like it hasn't been fixed.

Konas putter is cold today, thats one of the worst putting stats i have seen

It's really in the fingers and the hand, clean firm strong release. Be more like a surgeon, and less like swinging a hammer. Give it a good stroke, confident, good strokes go in more often than bad ones.

it feels like in FPO the difference in putting skills are HUGE. .
In MPO they are good or really good putters. . in FPO we have everything from really bad to really good.

For me this is strange, , i think putting is easy to practise and quite easy to be good at. . its just a "do the same thing every time" kind of thing. .
And the fact that we have well paid full time pros that are so bad at a big part of the game is just wierd to me. . .if my JOB was to play and i missed 50% or more of my C1 putts. .

That said i do think FPO putting at the top level has approved , and the best players has putting stats that any MPO player would be pleased with

Over to MPO. . .will we get another "who is that" winner this week?
Hate to say it but i miss the times when Ricky and Paul won everything. . dont koow why but i dont like to have a new winner every week. . i like when the stars in the sports IS the stars and get the win

Weather today was hot but low & helping wind from the ESE so near perfect as the DGN commentators keep pointing out.

Forecast is T-storms from 7am to 5 or 6pm Saturday in Indianola so maybe no golf at all tomorrow. Sunday has significant wind forecast for most of the day (~20mph winds WNW direction). Flipping the wind direction and increasing the wind makes for some interesting golf.

Highest PDGA rated are probably MPO/FPO favorites if only a 2 round 36 hole event with high winds to finish it - who can make the necessary adjustments and make good wind reads?

Wouldn't be crazy to shorten the 2nd round to only 9 holes if it can be fit in tomorrow afternoon/evening for either field.

Hole 9's Discraft Chainstar chimes in on spit out discourse on Gatekeeper's R1 coverage.

Can Barsby hang with the other 3 on that card?
I hope so, but I kind of doubt it.

Latest posts